- Job Title
- Acquisitions Analyst
- Job Location
- Posted Date
- Real Estate Acquisitions
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Nevada, North Carolina, Tennessee or Texas. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
What you bring to the table:
The Acquisitions Analyst evaluates single-family residential investment opportunities and negotiates the purchase thereof through a carefully selected and trained closed network of real estate agents. This includes underwriting each submitted property to ensure the asset meets the Company’s market-specific investment parameters. The Acquisitions Analyst is expected to develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the market, including, tracking competitor activity, rental rates, property values and potential bulk sale opportunities.
- Perform investment analysis and underwriting of single-family residences offered for sale via MLS, Auction, Bulk or New Construction which meet the Company’s purchase criteria and return / yield expectations
- Liaise with buyer’s agents; Negotiate purchases
- Work closely with the Construction team to establish a defined renovation scope and finish level in order to optimize each asset’s return profile (e.g. IRR and Cap Rate)
- Collaborate with Closing Department to ensure a smooth transaction
- Monitor property status through lease-up; Participate in weekly Asset Management meetings to asses overall leasing performance
- Incorporate real-time leasing performance trends into front-end neighborhood and asset selection and underwriting
- Track supply-demand trends and determine market rents; perform property valuations
- Visit properties and provide feedback to the Construction, Property Management, and Asset Management teams
- Tour submarkets and subdivisions and provide input as to whether the Company should expand its portfolio to include such locations
- Tour and evaluate competitor inventory; identify ways the Company can differentiate its properties to more favorably compete for residents
Of course, you also have the essentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Business, Finance, or related subject) required
- Commercial or residential real estate investment and/or brokerage experience
- 3+ years in Real Estate or related industry
- Comprehension of real estate investment, finance terms and valuation methods
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM preferred
- Ability to be independent and a self-starter: is self-motivated and takes initiative
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Proven problem solving, analytical, troubleshooting and time-management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management and outside vendors
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think critically and draw well-reasoned, fact-based conclusions
- Effective team member; must work well within the team
- Pays close attention to details and is highly organized
- Understands and practices the need for confidentiality
- 15-20% travel required
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Valid Real Estate License preferred
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 2 “you earned it” days.