Assistant Vice President or Vice President, Acquisitions
- Job Title
- Assistant Vice President or Vice President, Acquisitions
- Job Location
- Posted Date
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our future and current residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
What you bring to the table:
Whether you come on board as the Assistant Vice President or Vice President, Acquisitions at Progress Residential®, you will play a key role in the growth strategy for one of the country’s largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes. You understand the macroeconomic drivers behind our core markets and can strategize innovative solutions that create real change. You come to the table with three things: Very strong negotiation and business development skills, top-notch real estate financial acumen and ability to motivate and lead teams.
We’ll expect you to provide the leadership and direction for our acquisitions and market expansion efforts. Whether you’re underwriting single-family homes, analyzing the demand fundamentals or allocating capital, your goal is to make sure investment performance is achieved. We’ll count on you to build strong relationships with brokers and investors, and ensure inter-departmental objectives are met.
Your job is fast-paced and ever changing. It’s an environment of cross-functional collaboration, knowledge sharing and support. It’s also an environment of autonomy, individuality and initiative. To be an integral part of the Company’s next chapter means you are an experienced leader and passionate manager. When you see a problem, you fix it. When you hit a barrier, you break it down. While others complain, you think of ways to improve. You’re not afraid to think big, and to follow through.
With thorough training and regular performance reviews, you continually develop your team and ensure maximum efficiency and results.
Of course, you also have the essentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Business or Finance) required; MBA or MRED a plus
- Commercial or Residential real estate investment and/or brokerage experience
- 8+ years in Real Estate or related industry with at least 5 years of management experience lead teams
- Progressive experience supervising a team of people
- In-depth understanding of real estate finance and financial modeling
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Yardi preferred
- Ability to anticipate organizational needs, is self-motivated, and takes initiative
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects and people with strict deadlines attached
- Proven problem solving, analytical, troubleshooting and time-management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management and outside vendors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think critically and draw well-reasoned fact-based conclusions
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 2 “you earned it” days.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.