Business Intelligence - Data Engineer
- Job Title
- Business Intelligence - Data Engineer
- Job Location
- Posted Date
- Information Technology
The BI Data Engineer is responsible for the design, development, performance, and integrity of BI artifacts at Progress. The BI Data Engineer will work closely with business and financial analysts to collect and transform requirements into models, views, reports, and dashboards. This position requires proficiency with complex T-SQL, views, SSDT, SSRS, Tableau, or similar reporting platforms.
- Conduct meetings and workshops with business leaders to elicit and elaborate requirements for business intelligence reporting.
- Develop dashboards and reports using SSRS, Tableau, or other tools as necessary following best practices for dashboard design and information delivery.
- Develop database objects and structures, such as stored procedures and views, for data retrieval and reporting.
- Work with the data team to design and implement data warehouse concepts such as ETL and dimensional models.
- Support developers, business analysts, and business leaders with their questions about how to interpret data and access it correctly.
- Support data engineers and DBAs as needed.
- Work within agile project work plans and timelines to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Log, track, and manage issues, bugs, and enhancement requests.
- Capture, mitigate and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field strongly preferred.
- 7+ years of progressive development will be considered in place of a degree.
- Strong Tableau and SSRS experience.
- Strong production/enterprise application reporting experience.
- Experience creating stored procedures, views, scheduled jobs, and indexes.
- Microsoft SQL Server certifications are a strong plus.
- Experience with SSIS, AWS, Redshift, and/or Yardi are a plus.
- Attention to detail and technical writing skills.
- Strong analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility and attitude to achieve tight deadlines.