Construction and Maintenance Training Specialist
- Job Title
- Construction and Maintenance Training Specialist
- Job Location
- Posted Date
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With over 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our current and future residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
This position is responsible for designing, developing, providing, and maintaining high quality and cost-effective training solutions that align with business strategies and lead to human performance improvement. Develops alliances and works with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) within the organization to develop course content and learning elements, as well as to ensure content accuracy and appropriateness. Works closely with the National Renovations, Turns, and Service Trainer and Marketing to constantly analyze the effectiveness of training solutions to confirm that desired training outcomes / performance enhancements were achieved.
What you bring to the table:
- Assess, recommend, and purchase courseware packages, and support development of appropriate courseware tools.
- Research and recommend new, progressive ways to design learning for field based construction/maintenance positions in a service orientated business model.
Training Design, Development and Implementation
- Responsible for the planning, implementation, and delivery of Progress Residential construction/maintenance related training programs, programs, operational procedures.
- Evaluates designs and has the ability to develop learning activities which may include classroom training, E-Learning modules, and other multimedia solutions to support field learning.
- Develops partnerships and works collaboratively with Subject Matter Experts for the Construction/maintenance teams in order to produce high-quality cost effective training solutions within established timeframes.
- Ensures all designed materials meet compliance and legal guidelines.
- Effectively interface with IT team to ensure appropriate technology is utilized for delivery and ongoing training needs.
- Ensures course material is instructionally sound and supports the intended learning objectives.
- Works and understands the Learning Management System so that training and be loaded, assigned and tracked for the Company.
- Maintains processes to ensure adherence to the instructional design process that produce effective, quality training materials in an efficient manner.
- Develops Train the Trainer type training programs for the MSAs
- Instrumental in helping design Safety Management Systems
Training Maintenance & Reporting
- Tracks, measures and reports on training effectiveness and gaps that need to be addressed.
- Coordinates, maintains and communicates all construction/maintenance related training updates related to new content, revised course materials, and other information.
- Modify/update curriculum based on changing business initiatives.
- Partner with subject matter experts to ensure the most appropriate delivery (technology) method that is recommended for each training solution.
- Conduct key administrative duties for training program including adhering to all budget guidelines, submitting all necessary reports.
- Manage course material, create reporting & metrics through the Learning Management System to track and assign all training.
- Monitors assigned course work for timely completion.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Of course, you also have the essentials:
- BS in Business, communications, construction, or a related field strongly preferred.
- 3 years or more years of experience in developing and delivering training solutions.
- Prior experience developing training methods on construction/maintenance subjects such as HVAC, household electrical, plumbing, etc.
- Prior experience using technology to deliver training.
- Experienced in Adobe Creative Suite (Flash, Dreamweaver, Photoshop) MS Office applications, primarily.
- Proficiency using multi-media technology to enhance training / learning experiences.
- Experience translating storyboards to interactive learning solutions in a timely manner.
- Experience applying cognitive learning theory to the development of instructional objectives and adult learning methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal skills; strong presentation skills. Persuasive and articulate.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and effectively meet deadlines.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of adult learning methodologies and training delivery platforms.
- Ability to work independently and under minimal supervision, as well as part of a team.
- Yardi and/or Salesforce experience a plus.
- Grace Hill experience a plus.
- Ability to travel – a minimum of 50%-75%.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative company:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 2 “you earned it” days.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.