- Job Title
- Data Engineer
- Job Location
- Posted Date
- Information Technology
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With over 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our current and future residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
The Data Engineer is responsible for the design, development, performance and integrity of SQL queries, data integration, ETL, and the enterprise data warehouse (EDW). The Data Engineer will work closely with business analysts and the data analytics team to transform requirements into SQL queries, data integration components, and ETL processes for the EDW. This position requires proficiency with complex T-SQL stored procedures, views, BIDS/SSDT, SSIS expressions, and query optimization. AWS and Redshift experience a plus.
What you bring to the table:
- Based on business requirements and functional specifications, develop database objects and structures, such as tables, stored procedures, and views for data retrieval and reporting, data integration, and ETL
- Use a variety of architectural approaches to integrate with a third-party APIs
- Develop SSRS reports and SSIS packages using BIDS/SSDT
- Build performant star schemas that expand our enterprise data warehouse capabilities
- Debug database components; identify, fix, and verify remediation of design and/or performance defects
- Assist with the development of Tableau Desktop workbooks and dashboards for publishing to Tableau Server
- Provide support to software developers and business analysts interfacing with master data
- Perform SQL query performance tuning, as necessary
- Analyze, develop and implement solutions that meet the company’s data requirements
- Ability to log, track, and manage issues, bugs, and enhancement/ feature reporting requests logged in JIRA
- Ability to follow and work within project work plans and timelines to meet changing needs and requirements. Experience needed working within agile development projects
- Develop and improve continuous release and testing processes
- Capture, mitigate and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Assist with periodic database administrative tasks and monitoring, as needed
Of course, you also have the essentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field strongly preferred
- Seven or more years of progressive development will be considered in place of a degree
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
- 5+ years of experience with T-SQL and SSIS development in SQL Server
- Experience with Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) design patterns and implementation
- Microsoft SQL Server certifications are a strong plus
- Strong SQL Server and database performance analysis and tuning skills
- Strong SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration (SSIS) skills
- Strong Production/Enterprise Application reporting experience
- Experience in creating stored procedures, views, scheduled jobs, and indexes
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) RDS and Redshift experience a plus
- Superior attention to detail and technical writing skills
- Strong analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and attitude to achieve tight deadlines
- Ability to work with business owners and verify report designs meet the business’ requirements or identify design alternatives
- Experience interfacing with Yardi and Salesforce a strong plus
- Experience with C#, Python a plus
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative company:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 2 “you earned it” days.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.