IT Systems Administrator
- Job Title
- IT Systems Administrator
- Job Location
- Posted Date
- Information Technology
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our future and current residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Nevada, North Carolina, Tennessee or Texas. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
What you bring to the table:
The Systems Administrator position delivers superior hardware and software support to the Progress Residential corporate office and the field office locations. This position will assist the IT Infrastructure Manager in building a best in class technology support function within a fast growing organization.
If you’re eager to provide best-in-class technology support within a fast growing organization, apply today!
- Works closely with the IT Infrastructure Manager to manage the day-to-day operations of the Progress corporate and field office IT infrastructure by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair. Works with vendors to assist in all support activities.
- Provides coordination and hands-on turn up of new infrastructure (servers, network connectivity, wireless access points, and phone systems) at all field offices
- Provides administrative functions on MS Exchange, including granting access to new users, removing users and troubleshooting access issues
- Provides support for Exchange Server Migrations including Mailboxes, Public Folders, and User Profiles
- Trains technical staff in how to use company approved software, hardware and manage the health of all on premise server room infrastructure.
- Performs troubleshooting as required. Leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical servers and equipment including corporate phone systems.
- Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
- Monitor the team ticket queue and respond to Incident and Service Request tickets within SLA specific timeframe.
- Develops procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
- Develops tools, procedures, and training sessions for operations, client support and systems development staff to assist with work.
- Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways for Progress to take advantage of new technology.
- Provide high level technical support to employees, in corporate office as well as field office locations.
- Troubleshoot and determine service problems with web, email and other Internet applications.
- Ensure all new hires have the required access on their first day of employment.
- Manage users and resources in GAL/Employee Public Directory.
- Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Become intimately familiar with the architecture of our AWS based systems and be responsible for drilling down to code level and logs
- Migrating an existing on-premises application to AWS
- Selecting the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data, or security requirements
- Estimating AWS usage costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms
- Devise, develop, and champion cloud based best practices.
- Able to investigate, test, and deploy new technologies where little documentation exists.
- Provide proactive support, monitoring, troubleshooting, diagnostics and problem resolution across cloud environments.
Of course, you also have the essentials:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 3 or more experience in Systems Administration or equivalent education.
- Proven experience and attitude around providing outstanding customer service.
- Availability to work after-hours when necessary for applicable maintenance tasks.
- Effectively present information to employees, customers and top management.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Experience with hardware and software issues.
- Proficient in Internet related applications such as E-Mail and Web Browsers.
- Microsoft Office 365 deployment experience and administration.
- Exchange Server and Exchange Online experience.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Anti-Virus software.
- Ability to learn and adopt new tools, techniques to increase (infrastructure and solutions) performance, automation and scalability.
- Knowledge and familiarity of Windows XP, Vista, and 7 operating systems.
- Knowledge on the configuration of Windows based PCs.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Apple systems for iPads.
- May require some travel to field office locations, estimated at 20%.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 2 “you earned it” days.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.