Parts & Catalog Specialist
- Job Title
- Parts & Catalog Specialist
- Job Location
- Posted Date
- Property Operations - Non Management
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our future and current residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
The Parts/Catalog Specialist (PCS) is responsible for maintaining parts catalog, parts descriptions, competitive parts pricing/updates, national product specifications, and obtaining Safety Data Sheets as required. The PCS will work with all business areas responding to market needs for material/parts required by field personnel to complete jobs, while working with the Director to build a comprehensive parts/equipment catalog.
What you bring to the table:
- Collaborate with Central Ops and Field Construction teams to evaluate parts/material needs.
- Work directly with Service Managers and Director to evaluate parts requests from field to determine usage frequency for inclusion in parts catalog.
- Accurately track and monitor all field parts/material requests and provide timely status updates to the Director.
- Work with the Director on all parts/material pricing negotiations with suppliers to achieve the best “value for money solutions.”
- Review and analyze all parts/material usage via Inventory Management System to adjust stock levels of parts on hand (maximum 30 day turn).
- Identify and update parts/material catalogs based on supplier updates and parts obsolescence.
- Review transaction reports (ProXtra, Comdata) to identify items that should be added to inventories/catalog based on usage frequency.
- PCS will be required to perform regular inventory usage reviews, data analysis, supplier spend reporting and the roll out of new processes and policies.
- Maintain and update parts/products catalog – product descriptions, pricing, and parts supplier alignments.
- Update Inventory Management System with new/approved parts – parts descriptions, purchase units, allocation units, pricing, min/max levels and associated supplier.
- Assist accounting department with any and all invoice related issues, inventory discrepancies, supplier issues, etc.
- Maintain online parts/supplier file (products, SKU #’s, descriptions, pricing, etc.)
Of course you have the essentials:
- Three (3) or more years involved with administrative experience in a related field.
- B.A. degree in Inventory Management or related field preferred.
- Experience with manufacturer, supplier, and service contracts preferred.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals.
- Ability to work independently and resolve practical problems.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work well under stress, despite numerous interruptions with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Intermediate to Advance proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; Sales Force and Yardi experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment.
- Team player with a strong work ethic and an upbeat attitude.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 2 “you earned it” days.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.