Portfolio Operations Director
- Job Title
- Portfolio Operations Director
- Job Location
- Posted Date
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our future and current residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
What you bring to the table:
We are seeking a Portfolio Operations Director to provide leadership and daily management over an assigned portfolio of single-family rental homes. You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and work in the field. From showings and property inspections to rent collections and maintenance, we’ll count on you to oversee all aspects of property management.
On behalf of your team, you will establish budgets, report on variances and keep your finger on the pulse of market conditions and trends. Customer satisfaction is your most important performance metric; however, you’ll also have occupancy, delinquency and lease renewal rate goals to maintain. You will work collaboratively with the central operations team and strategically analyze processes and procedures.
You set the standard when it comes to the personal and professional conduct, and establish an environment that promotes teamwork. You’re detail-oriented and put an emphasis on safety and quality standards, workflow analysis, administration and organizational skills. With thorough training and regular performance reviews, you continually develop your team of property management staff to drive P&L performance.
Of course, you also have the essentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related work experience
- 5 or more years of previous property management experience in either the single family or multi-family rental industry
- At least 3 or more years of supervisory experience
- Real Estate license/Broker license preferred
- Proven track record of achieving budgeted P&L objectives
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally
- Possesses strong organizational skills and is detail oriented
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-changing, growth environment
- Holds team accountable for results and provides timely feedback
- Completes annual performance review process for direct reports and oversees review process for all property management personnel in assigned region
- Fosters teamwork and mutual respect throughout the company
- Interacts productively in person and through technology with co-workers, team members.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy, ability to comfortably navigate new technology and competency in MS Office suite a must
- Previous use of Yardi Voyager a plus
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- We also offer a monthly phone stipend and mileage reimbursement, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid time off, income replacement for maternity/paternity leave, 9 paid holidays and 2 “you earned it” days.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: 1996