Senior Financial Analyst
- Job Title
- Senior Financial Analyst
- Job Location
- Posted Date
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With over 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our current and future residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
What you bring to the table:
The Sr. Financial Analyst will work on financial and operational projects relating to the Company’s property management operations, reporting / data strategy and key business forecasts and analysis. Responsibilities include operational analysis & support, exception based management, action planning, reporting, business analysis, budgeting and forecasting. The position reports to the VP of FP&A.
- Partner with Operations to establish performance standards and ensure action plans are in place to achieve desired results
- Partner with leadership team to gather key indicators / performance dataand build internal and external presentations
- Partner with Accounting to assist in the monthly close / reporting process
- Ensure appropriate performance metrics are in place and are supported with analysis and exception-based reporting
- Manage financial and non-financial data provided by internal property managers
- Analyze data for breaks, inconsistencies, exceptions and communicate both internally and externally
- Work with other finance team members to ensure all business logic is reflected correctly in all reporting, analyses, and models
- Populate operational data into financial models
Of course, you also have the essentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or operations management related field
- 5 -10 years’ experience as a financial or business analyst.
- Candidate must have strong Excel (with VBA experience), PowerPoint and data management skills
- Strong collaboration and communications skills
- Tableau experience a plus
- General programming skills or SQL skills a plus
- Strong balance of business, financial and technical skills with the ability to communicate and drive initiatives cross functionally
- Residential real estate / property management experience a plus
- Yardi, SalesForce experience a plus
- Candidate must be resourceful, present well to management, and have the ability to take ownership over projects and recurring tasks
- Candidate must be willing and able to work in a start-up atmosphere with a wide range of responsibilities and deal with constantly evolving deadlines, requirements and challenges
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative company:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- We also offer a monthly phone stipend and mileage reimbursement, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid time off, income replacement for maternity/paternity leave, 9 paid holidays and 2 “you earned it” days.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.