Service Technician II - HVAC
- Job Title
- Service Technician II - HVAC
- Job Location
- Posted Date
- Property Operations - Non Management - Service/Maintenance
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With over 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our current and future residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
What you bring to the table:
We are seeking a Service Technician II - HVAC who is professional, organized and always puts the customer first. As a member of the Property Management team, you will inspect, troubleshoot and repair HVAC systems in our Progress Residential® single-family homes. You deliver an outstanding customer experience while providing cost and expense controls.
Among your daily responsibilities, you’ll perform scheduled, emergency and preventative maintenance, inspections, and repairs. We’ll count on you to diagnose and troubleshoot issues and then repair or replace defective equipment, components, or wiring on HVAC equipment.
HVAC systems are your specialty, but you’re also comfortable performing maintenance and inspections on a variety of equipment, including plumbing, appliances, irrigation systems, drywall, roofing, and more. You will ensure all workplace safety standards and practices are always upheld, including EPA and OSHA regulations.
No two days will look the same so flexibility is key. You understand that we are in the business of providing our customers peace of mind and you do whatever it takes to uphold that commitment.
Of course, you also have the essentials:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Technical College or Trade Program with HVAC Certification is required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in general service and maintenance experience (painting, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, drywall repair, etc.)
- EPA certified with knowledge of all pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations
- Minimum 2 years of experience providing routine maintenance, cleaning, inspection and repair of warm air furnaces, air conditioners, duct distribution systems, water heaters, and related piping and electrical
- Minimum 2 years of experience repairing all makes and models of residential appliances in customers’ homes preferred
- Ability to maintain, inspect, diagnose and troubleshoot typical issues and then repair or replace defective equipment or components
- Must have your own tools to perform ongoing service in residential environment
- Maintain reliable transportation daily that can professionally and safely transport required materials necessary to perform job functions (i.e. ladders, hot water heaters, appliances, etc.)
- Must possess valid driver’s license and valid vehicle insurance at all times with no major traffic violations, suspensions, or DUIs in previous 5 years
- Available for on-call service, weekends and evenings as needed
- Previous experience in either the single-family or multi-family rental industry required
- Must possess ability to work and cope well under pressure, meet multiple and sometimes competing and tight deadlines
- Ability to interact with residents, and vendors/contractors tactfully and professionally
- Ability to climb up and down stairs several times each day, and lift 50 pounds with ease
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad)
- Maintains regular attendance and excellent punctuality
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative company:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 2 “you earned it” days.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: 2109