Account Service Specialist
Account Service Specialist
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Central Operations
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 33,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for over 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new, top-notch executive leadership. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and market offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The Account Services Specialist is a member of the Account Services Team and will be responsible for management of all aspects of previous resident accounts including Final Billing, Dispute Resolution, and Collections
- Understand Deposit Accounting (DA) functions including processing of DAs, logging of data, requesting check, and proper delivery (per jurisdiction)
- Complete all DAs for assigned markets
- Communicate with local market regarding questions on past accounts
- Validate resident chargebacks on scope by reviewing MIMO, pictures, service requests, move-in date, Yardi memos, and other possible sources of information to ensure proper charging of resident damages
- Work closely with Team Lead to ensure all DAs are completed and finalized prior to state deadlines
- Communicate with previous residents via e-mail and phone as needed for updates on accounts including refunds, collections and disputes
- Provide great customer to previous residents even in difficult situations
- Perform collection activities for the first 120 days from completion of Deposit Accounting
- Complete payment agreements and monitor to ensure collection activity
- Assign and track collection files with third party agency.
- Handle resident disputes with Deposit Accounting
- Document all bad debt recovery and track balances owed
- Familiarity with state codes and statues regarding security deposits
- Familiarity with Fair Housing Guidelines
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates degree preferred
- Five or more years of previous property management experience in either the single family or multi-family rental industry
- Computer literacy, ability to comfortably navigate new technology and competency in MS Office suite a must
- Proficiency in Yardi Voyager is preferred
- Three or more years of Accounts Receivable and Deposit Accounting experience required
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally
- Possesses strong organizational skills and is detail oriented
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, growth environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Honest, ethical and able to maintain confidentiality in a business setting when necessary and required
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, and 9 paid holidays.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.