Acquisitions Analyst (Real Estate)
Acquisitions Analyst (Real Estate)
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Real Estate Acquisitions
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 33,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for over 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new, top-notch executive leadership. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and market offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The Acquisitions team at Progress Residential plays an integral role in reshaping the single-family rental industry while deploying $3bn of capital into some of the fastest growing markets in the country. The Acquisitions Analyst is on the cutting edge of using big data and analytics to identify and make offer decisions on behalf of Progress Residential and its investors. Leveraging the Company’s best-in-class and proprietary acquisition platform, the candidate will identify, prioritize, underwrite, offer and negotiate on hundreds of properties per month through multiple acquisition channels. Through in-person market tours and methodical analyses, the Acquisitions Analyst is expected to develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of their assigned market(s), including, rental rates, property values, competitor activity and potential bulk sale opportunities.
- Perform investment analyses and underwriting of single-family residences offered for sale via MLS, Auction, Bulk or New Construction which meet the Company’s purchase criteria and return expectations
- Incorporate real-time data trends to improve neighborhood and asset selection.
- Manage offer success ratios to achieve desired acquisition targets with the highest levels of resource efficiency
- Work cross functionally with other stakeholders to help design and execute acquisitions strategies
- College degree or equivalent related work experience required
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple tasks, projects and deadlines
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office applications (especially Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point) and other computer applications
- Prior real estate and underwriting experience preferred, not required
- Experience with property valuations and market data preferred, not required
- Ability to collaborate and act decisively
- Highly motivated with the ability to interact effectively inside and outside the organization
- Detail oriented
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize with timely follow up
- Requires abstract thinking and creative solutions
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, and 9 paid holidays.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.