Assistant Portfolio Operations Director
Assistant Portfolio Operations Director
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Field Operations
The Assistant Portfolio Operations Director coordinates the management operation of the cash management and resident relations functions within the guidelines of the quality standards, operating objectives, and goals established by the Company and the property management department. This position provides leadership and daily management over a team responsible for the collection of rents, management of security deposit accounting, weekly and monthly reporting, communications with residents and customer relations. Assistant Portfolio Operations Directors support the Portfolio Operations Director in all aspects of field-level property management, included but not limited to marketing, showings, application gathering and review, rent collections, resident inquires, profit and loss (P&L), reporting, as well as, maintenance, turn and construction operations, and general management of the resident experience. The Assistant Portfolio Operations Director provides direction in absence of the Portfolio Operations Director to the market team.
- Oversee and manage development of Property Management staff across cash collection and customer relations.
- Maintains intimate awareness of market/industry conditions and trends.
- Establish environment that promotes teamwork and cohesion with Operations team in order to drive P&L performance.
- Recruit, hire, and train qualified, dynamic, high performance property management teams.
- Enforce policies to enable assigned portfolio to function according to quality standards and operating objectives.
- Understand and possess the ability to train team on fiduciary duty. Lead team to always make decisions based on the best interests of the business.
- Ensure that the policies and procedures are followed.
- Drive optimal P&L performance for the assigned market through sound cash management practices.
- Maintain <2% delinquency (specific metrics may be adjusted based on portfolio performance)
- Analyze processes and procedures to ensure optimum efficiency levels.
- Be knowledgeable of provisions in standard lease documents and maintain a working knowledge of resident rules and regulations.
- Carry out other duties as assigned that are in the best interests of the company.
- Lead team in maintaining a high degree of customer service and competency level in all resident interactions, whether over the phone or email, through formal written communication or in person.
- Conduct periodic inspections and follow up calls to residents to ensure standards of home care are maintained and the Company’s customer care program is executed.
- Ensure that all resident responsibilities re accounted for on resident ledgers and collections are made in a timely manner.
- Manage an efficient resident eviction process.
- Assist in creation and circulation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
Human Resource Management
- Supervision of staff, set goals and holds people accountable for results.
- Ensures that the group provides outstanding customer service and is responsive to requests.
- Coordinates activities to maximize the efficiency of all processes.
- Insure that all training requirements are completed on time.
- Ensures that employees all have goals and receive regular feedback on their performance
- Performance management of personnel including, reviews, corrective action, mentoring, development plans and performance improvement plans.
- Insure all safety standards are met and training for staff is completed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or 5+ years of progressive property management work experience.
- 5 or more years of previous property management experience in either the single family or multi-family rental industry.
- At least 3 or more years of supervisory experience.
- Real Estate license preferred.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and is detail oriented.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-changing, growth environment.
- Holds team accountable for results and provides timely feedback. Completes annual performance review process for direct reports and oversees review process for all property management personnel in assigned region.
- Fosters teamwork and mutual respect throughout the company.
- Interacts productively in person and through technology with co-workers, team members.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy, ability to comfortably navigate new technology and competency in MS Office suite a must.
- Previous use of Yardi Voyager a plus.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
Job Reference #: 2018-2852