Business Intelligence Analyst
- Job Title
- Business Intelligence Analyst
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our current and future residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
The Business Intelligence Analyst will work on financial projects relating to the Company’s business intelligence strategy, property management operations, and key business forecasts and analysis. Responsibilities include data strategy & validations, reporting, business analysis, budgeting and forecasting. The position reports to the Business Intelligence Manager.
- Partner with Operations and IT team to develop and automate business reporting and dashboards.
- Ensure appropriate performance metrics are in place and are supported with analysis and exception based reporting.
- Manage financial and non-financial data provided by internal property managers.
- Analyze data for quality assurance, inconsistencies, exceptions and communicate both internally and externally.
- Work with other finance team members to ensure all business logic is reflected correctly in all reporting, analyses, and models
- Populate operational data into financial models.
- Prepare internal management reports to assess performance.
- Create data analytical frameworks and decision tools to manage the portfolio.
- Streamline data flows between departments.
- Analyze data trends to identify key areas of concern or opportunities for improvement.
- Manage related Finance/IT projects for timely and accurate implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or information systems / computer science.
- 3-7 years’ experience as a financial or business analyst.
- Candidate must have strong Excel (with VBA experience), PowerPoint and data management skills.
- General programming skills or SQL skills a plus.
- Strong balance of business, financial and technical skills with the ability to communicate and drive initiatives cross functionally
- Residential real estate / property management experience preferred.
- Yardi, SalesForce experience a plus.
- Candidate must be resourceful, present well to management, and have the ability to take ownership over projects and recurring tasks.
- Candidate must be willing and able to work in a start-up atmosphere with a wide range of responsibilities and deal with constantly evolving deadlines, requirements and challenges.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 1 “you earned it” day.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.