- Job ID
- Job Location
- Scottsdale - Progress Residential
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 30,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new executive leadership, including the recent appointment of Charles “Chaz” Mueller to Chief Executive Officer. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and regional offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The Corporate Counsel position will provide internal legal support to the Progress Residential team and will report to the Associate General Counsel. Responsibilities include but are not limited to commercial contract drafting, review and negotiation, assistance with real estate contracts, leases and agreements, supervision of entity management and formation, and assistance with corporate governance matters, closings of financing and other transactions, legal compliance and employment matters. This position provides counsel and guidance to all Progress Residential functional departments. The Corporate Counsel works closely with business stakeholders and paralegals.
General Legal Matters
- Assist Associate General Counsel in management and use of outside counsel on various transactional and litigation matters
- Assist in providing advice and mitigation strategies related to employment matters and assist Human Resources on day-to-day employment issues
- Assist in addressing various legal issues associated with residential property management, including landlord/tenant and property disputes
- Provide legal analysis, strategy, and solutions for various business activities in a legally sound manner that balances risks with achievement of the company’s business goals and objectives
- Provide assistance and advice to stakeholders in various departments and locations of the company
- Draft, negotiate, and review general corporate contracts, including transactional documents, vendor and license agreements, employment agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, and consulting services agreements
- Manage contract process, including drafting, negotiation, review and interpretation of company contracts
- Manage contract approval and execution process for company contracts and maintain standard form
General Corporate Matters
- Supervise corporate entity formation and management
- Assist with corporate governance matters
- Assist in closings of transactions, including securitizations and other financing and commercial transactions
- JD degree and admitted to the practice of law in at least one state
- 5+ years of generalist legal experience at a top law firm or from an in-house corporate setting
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, lead large projects, and run fast-paced deals
- Excellent organizational, drafting, and communication skills
- Knowledge of general corporate matters and contract law, with knowledge of real estate finance and acquisition, residential real estate and property management preferred
- Experience managing outside counsel and corporate filings is a plus
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.