Director Investigations and Security
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 65,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
At Progress we’re focused on maintaining a safe environment for our employees and our community. We incentivize and encourage our employees to be fully vaccinated.
The Director of Investigations & Security directs and manages the implementation of investigative strategies, architecture development, and execution of standardized investigation procedures throughout the enterprise for the Security COE. This role will also ensure that our security protocols across the enterprise are aligned and monitored while also providing strategic direction in how the business makes key decisions.
Director of Investigations & Security oversees investigative personnel to conduct investigations with a potential impact to the business and collaborate with stakeholders, external regulatory agencies and law enforcement partners.
* Provide strategic direction, planning, risk assessments, resource needs, employee development, and performance monitoring for the Progress Security COE investigative functions.
* Develops, implements and manages SSE (Safety/Security and Environmental) programs and initiatives to meet regulatory requirements and SSE needs across the organization. Evaluates new and existing programs to assess suitability and the need for changes.
* Directs and coordinates activities of personnel staff engaged in SSE programs.
* Develop problem solving initiatives through standardized process and policies.
* Identify and implement training plans and identify efficiencies and effectiveness of investigations, policies, practices and techniques.
* Collaborate with all stakeholders to provide investigative consulting, fraud prevention, and advisory services, ensuring that vulnerabilities identified from investigations are shared internally and corrective actions are incorporated into Progress policies and procedures.
* Supervise and collect data through analytics and document review.
* Acts as an SSE (Safety/Security and Environmental) SME (Subject Matter Expert). Provides direct and timely counsel and information to management in matters pertaining to SSE, compliance, trends, performance and concerns.
* Ensure data integrity within the investigative function of the Security COE and implement corrective action for continuous improvement.
* Engage in strategic and systematic business development efforts to include identifying and prioritizing target areas for coordinated investigations, reporting on data loss prevention and fraud trending.
* Establish and build professional relationships with senior executives at corporate and property levels and foster working relationships with external industry partners and law enforcement.
* Mentor team of investigators through feedback and training opportunities.
* Direct and manage investigative initiatives with identified and measurable milestones and goals, including regular, comprehensive reporting to inform key leaders of progress relating to each initiative.
* Create and implement security and fraud risk assessments utilizing an enterprise risk management framework to ensure gaps and areas of risk and opportunity are identified and addressed within all aspects of the business.
* Perform other job-related duties as requested.
* Bachelor’s degree and four years of experience in related field.
* 5+ years of prior experience in Federal, State or local law enforcement, public or private sector investigations or relevant experience.
* Three years of leadership experience supervising personnel and managing an investigative and/or fraud program.
* Three years of overall experience in an administrative, budgetary, managerial, or executive capacity.
* Three years of experience conducting and leading complex, high-level investigations with a focus on white collar crime.
* Three years of Criminal and Investigative experience in a Federal, State, or local law enforcement preferred.
* Certified Fraud examiner.
* Three years of experience working in a similar corporate environment.
* Background and knowledge of security operations, safety, investigations, fraud strategies, regulatory and legal issues.
* Proven ability to think critically and act quickly with a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
* Demonstrates strong and effective leadership skills and ability to operate comfortably within a complex cultural and global
* Advanced level of communication skills and ability to communicate effectively in English, in both oral and written forms.
* Advanced ability to write complex reports and business correspondence effectively and professionally in accordance with
* Ability to provide excellent customer service.
* High working knowledge of private sector’s investigative methodologies
* High working knowledge of public source data bases.
* Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts.
* Skilled at various software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and analytics software.
* Ability to analyze large amounts of data to report critical information
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: JR102390