Director - Pricing and Revenue Management
- Job Title
- Director - Pricing and Revenue Management
- Real Estate Acquisitions
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Nevada, North Carolina, Tennessee or Texas. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
The Director Pricing and Revenue Management will successfully integrate the synergies between revenue, analysis, pricing, and leasing to drive revenue and profitability of the portfolio. This position reports to the Vice President Pricing and Revenue Management, and will work closely with their Pricing and Revenue Analysts to formulate and deploy appropriate revenue and pricing initiatives.
- Leads a team of 3-5 professionals with a “servant leader’s” passion for developing their people.
- Identifies and resolves PRM issues through variety of structured and ad hoc analytics.
- Responds to ad hoc requests for assistance from Leasing Managers, Property Operations Directors, VPs and other senior executives.
- Supports design and development of new pricing tools and drives further efficiency and effectiveness of current tools and processes.
- Develops new, and supports current, KPIs.
- Is the “go to person” for questions/help on pricing and revenue management issues.
- Works with executive, mid-level and local leaders to map desired business strategies into appropriate pricing decisions.
- Supports development and/or modification of training materials for PRM tools.
- Creates and conducts scheduled and ad hoc queries/analysis on pricing and other operational databases to meet internal customer needs for information.
- Evaluates performance of properties and suggests corrective actions for poorer performing properties.
- Communicates PRM philosophies and results to senior and mid-level managers within the company.
- Acts as change agent to drive new ideas/policies throughout the Company.
- Develops analyses for anything related to demand forecasting, demand management or pricing activities (these might include credit risk assessment, market segmentation, customer price sensitivities, pricing strategies and tactics, bundling or unbundling of products and services, etc.)
Human Resource Management
- Supervision of staff, sets goals and holds people accountable for results.
- Coordinates activities to maximize the efficiency of all processes.
- Develops team and is focused on succession plan within group.
- Ensures that employees all have goals and receive regular feedback on their performance.
- Ensures that all required training is completed in a timely manner.
- Ensures that workplace safety standards and practices are upheld at all times.
- Performance management of personnel including, reviews, corrective action, mentoring, development plans and performance improvement plans.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s preferred)
- At least 7 years of previous Revenue and Pricing experience required
- Experience interacting with senior executives required
- Ability to lead and manage a team of 3-5 professionals
- Ability to build internal coalitions to drive analysis-driven change through the organization
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and experience interpreting data
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written at all levels of the organization
- Ability to “think out of the box” and bring new ideas to the table, not merely execute tasks as directed
- Tolerance for ambiguity/”fuzziness” of early change management situations
- Passion for owning a business mentality and analytical process reasoning
- Strong mathematical background and ability to learns new systems quickly
- Proficiency with analytical and presentation tools such as Excel pivot tables, database queries, graphing, PowerPoint, etc.
- Proficient with Brand Revenue Management Systems and known industry tools
- Well organized and detail oriented, with a high sense of urgency, accountability and integrity
- Multi-family or hospitality industry experience highly preferred
- Property Management experience preferred
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 1 “you earned it” day.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.