Director Process Improvement
Director Process Improvement
- Job ID
- Job Location
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 33,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for over 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new, top-notch executive leadership. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and market offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The Director of Process Improvement will be responsible for analysis and process design for key operational areas throughout the organization. The intent is for the role to independently analyze functions, processes and positions, working with operational leaders to evaluate efficiencies and recommend positive actions to enable better workforce functionality. The successful candidate will be able to both recommend improvements as well as communicate and partner with key stakeholders in the organization to effect action. This newly created position will be a high-profile role with the opportunity to implement meaningful, positive operational improvement in a rapidly growing organization.
- Analyze processes throughout the organization, including market and central operations, to thoroughly understand inefficiencies based on time/motion type analysis and techniques
- Perform process simulations, field observations, analysis of financial data and key performance indicators to arrive at recommendations and project plans
- Work with executives and managers throughout the organization to understand functional goals and recommend resulting improvements based on research of current processes, roles and position descriptions
- Develop, configure and optimize end-to-end organizational processes based on review and collaboration with functional teams impacted
- Document observations and present information in relevant presentations to key stakeholders
- Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates, quality of output and customer service
- Manage cost and time constraints
- Perform risk assessments and root cause analyses
- Effectively demonstrate to colleagues and stakeholders, through partnership and collaboration, how suggested process improvements will enable organizational effectiveness
Skills and Characteristics
- Proven work experience in process engineering and simulation analysis along with corresponding knowledge of process related measurement, standards and techniques
- Ability to leverage past experiences and analytical abilities to understand management processes
- An aptitude for innovation and creativity that fuels an ability to reinvest processes; not just improve them
- Communication skills that convey and encompass a strong desire for efficiency and organization
- Experience in solving problems and creating new systems to remove inefficiencies
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, plan, execute, control, and complete projects of various magnitude
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills and ability to author messages for different audiences
- Ability to work autonomously as well as within teams to meet goals and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, utilize excellent active listening skills and collaborate across divisions, functions, cultures and levels internally and externally
- Working knowledge of process engineering software packages
- Must be able to travel to markets as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required in industrial engineering or a related field, such as general engineering, business, economics, production design or manufacturing
- 8-10 years of related experience in process engineering, manufacturing or service industries
- Formal Time/Motion studies training
- Six Sigma Certification preferred, but not required
- Strong technical writing skills and presentation abilities
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative, not-so-typical real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and fun at work. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and a 401(k) program with company matching contributions.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.