- Job Title
- Financial Analyst
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our current and future residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
This position will report to the Senior Financial Analyst and work closely with other business units of Progress Residential, including the following teams: FP&A, Accounting, Technology and Operations.
- Provide assistance to the Senior Financial Analyst with the design and review of internal and external reports.
- Update the internalized management company projections on a monthly basis.
- Meet with department heads to review budget figures for the internalized management company
- Own the financial model and update on an ad-hoc basis
- Assist FP&A and Accounting with monthly reporting
- Identify process improvements and present solutions to management
- Integrate accounting data with financial models.
- Manage data analytical frameworks and decision tools to manage the portfolio.
- Analyze data trends to identify key areas of concern or opportunities for improvement.
- Evaluate performance metrics against budget and acquisition pro-forma.
- 4 or more years’ experience as a financial analyst and/or property accountant.
- 1 or more years’ experience utilizing SQL to write custom reports
- Yardi experience required.
- Experience dealing directly with senior leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Real estate / property management experience preferred.
- Candidate must have strong excel, PowerPoint and data management skills.
- Candidate must be resourceful, present well to management, and have the ability to take ownership over projects and recurring tasks.
- Candidate must be willing and able to work in a start-up atmosphere with a wide range of responsibilities and deal with constantly evolving deadlines, requirements and challenges.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 1 “you earned it” day.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.