- Job Title
- HOA Accountant
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With over 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our current and future residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
The Property Accountant will be responsible for completing accounting functions related to HOA and utilities.
What you bring to the table:
- Prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations for HOA and utility general ledger accounts.
- Review HOA statements and determine proper general ledger coding.
- Enter HOA invoices into the Accounts Payable system.
- Manage the payment facilitation of the annual HOA dues.
- Act as a contact person for the HOA and utility departments.
- Review and import the utility file daily.
- Prepare the daily utility funding request.
- Review and post utility charges to resident ledgers.
- Accumulate and maintain accurate reports and reconciliations.
- Work closely with Accounting Managers to resolve discrepancies and variances.
- Assist Accounting Managers in special projects as needed.
- Perform various account analysis as requested.
Of course, you also have the essentials:
- 3 - 5 or more years of experience in an accounting role, corporate experience preferred.
- Real Estate/Property Management experience a strong plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Experience working in Yardi a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/assignment while consistently meeting deadlines.
- Honest, ethical and handles things in confidential manner.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 1 “you earned it” day.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.