Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources Generalist
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Human Resources
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 30,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new executive leadership, including the recent appointment of Charles “Chaz” Mueller to Chief Executive Officer. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and regional offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The Human Resources Generalist leads human resources practices and initiatives across a number of geographical Markets driving a high-performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity, goal attainment, and ongoing development of employees. Oversees human resources activities of the Market’s employee relations matters including company values and culture, employee/management advocacy, and talent assessment. Accountable for maintaining and impacting human resources metrics that support the achievement of the organization’s business goals. The HR Generalist will have both administrative and strategic responsibilities supporting efficient business operations through human capital.
- Coordinate and consistently execute HR initiatives across assigned Markets
- Implement human resources programs by providing HR services, including employee relations and retention, succession planning, employment processing, training and development, records management, health and safety, welfare and wellness as well as any personnel transactions
- Respond to employee relation issues, complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints
- Conduct internal investigations either on-site or by phone. Prepare investigation summary and makes recommendations to senior HR management
- Coach, counsel and guide managers before executing employee disciplinary actions. Review corrective action and performance improvement documentation ensuring language is legal, compliant and consistently administered
- Act as employee relations specialist
- Maintain and process all Unemployment Notices of Entitlement. Attend hearings when necessary
- Conduct ADA interactive meetings, document approval/denial of accommodation request. Assist with the planning, facilitation, distribution and monitoring of performance evaluations
- Ensure HR initiatives are consistently executed
- Maintain a positive work environment, conducting proactive employee relations activities such as survey administration, stay interviews, exit interviews, and structured feedback
- Develop human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information
- Provide leadership, direction and partnership to the management team establishing and maintaining partnerships with all staff through effective counsel on HR and other Market matters
- Participate in investigations of employee complaints and counsel leaders on employment issues
- Maintain a positive work environment, conducting proactive employee relations activities such as holding regular roundtables and structured feedback sessions
- Identify and monitor the Market’s culture so that it supports the attainment of the company’s goals/key results and promotes employee satisfaction
- Work with Market leadership to develop and implement targeted actions plans from Employee Engagement Survey results and partner with Market leadership aimed at optimizing employee morale, engagement and teamwork
- Collaborate with recruitment and Market leadership to close talent gaps and improve recruitment, leadership development and retention plans that meet business goals
- Support outreach efforts by developing quality relationships with multiple sources
- Provide coaching and counseling to managers and employees regarding on-the-job and formal training opportunities to aide in their development and assist in preparing Individual Development Plans and facilitating the performance management process
- Manage and track employee disciplinary action
- Interact with and form solid working relationships with Regional and Corporate leaders and employees to gain a first-hand feel for their daily responsibilities and challenges
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership and finding opportunities to add value
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the business and culture
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree with professional HR certification(s) desirable
- Minimum five years of HR experience with at least two years of high-level investigation experience
- Experience consulting and advising a large management team
- Strong understanding of best practices and legislation concerning employment (e.g. ADA, FMLA, OSHA, FLSA and EEOC)
- Experience servicing multiple work locations in multiple states
- Sense of urgency in addressing organizational and employee needs
- Ability to make timely and informed decisions and understand when to escalate issues
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a customer-focused attitude, with a high level of professionalism and discretion
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills with a resourceful mindset
- High level of Emotional Intelligence
- Business acumen
- HR Expertise
- Relationship Management
- Critical Evaluation
- Proven success in building and maintaining positive and productive working relationships with all levels of staff, and a demonstrated ability to impact and influence all levels of management
- Ability to navigate an organization through change, and influence employee engagement and morale
- Solid experience working with Microsoft Office and in several types of HRIS systems and software
- Strong presentation and leadership skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, HRIS systems and comfortable learning new technical systems
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting. Moderate noise (business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic). Ability to work in a confined area. Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Travel to various worksites required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, and 9 paid holidays.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: 2018-2948