Make Ready Manager
- Job Title
- Make Ready Manager
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With over 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our future and current residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
Do you have what it takes?
To call you handy would be an understatement. Our Make Ready Managers oversee all make ready activities, including initial and ongoing maintenance, turns and renovations. You know how to track and analyze resident satisfaction, cycle times, adherence to budget and associate and vendor performance. Safety is your number one priority as you ensure all workplace safety standards are upheld and properties are compliant.
You’re a self-starter who works well independently, but you’re also able to lead a team of associates and vendors within your service area. You communicate clearly, and manage appropriate staffing to minimize downtime and maximize rental revenue while controlling costs. You also keep clean records of maintenance schedules and work performed.
As a team leader, you provide ongoing training and regular feedback to ensure your direct reports have the tools they need to succeed. You set goals, build succession plans and complete annual reviews. Most of all, you enjoy knowing that your work creates value for our company and our customers.
Of course, you also have the essentials:
- High School graduate required
- 5 years or more years of experience as a senior superintendent, regional maintenance supervisor or production home customer service manager; regional or director level experience preferred
- Experience in managing multiple staff members over a geographic region
- Extensive knowledge of Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC, Flooring, Appliances, Landscaping and Irrigation Systems as they relate to residential homes
- Mastery of general UBC building codes and rental property health and safety regulations
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to work efficiently and to multi-task
- Proven record of working independently and with minor supervision
- An effective team player with a positive attitude
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include some weekends
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Basic computer skills. Experience in Excel, Word, Outlook and Yardi Voyager preferred
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 1 “you earned it” day.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: 2018-2410