Make Ready Supervisor
- Job Title
- Make Ready Supervisor
- Customer Service/Support
The Make Ready Supervisor is a member of the Property Management team and is a key associate in the rental home make ready process and resident lifecycle. The Make Ready Supervisor is responsible for determining cost and labor estimates, monitoring and providing oversight of work performed and providing quality assurance during related workflows necessary to get homes to a rent ready status. Make Ready Supervisors are involved in working with both approved vendors and our internal teams to address required construction, maintenance and make ready tasks and orients new residents with their home. The Make Ready Supervisor is responsible for tracking, reporting and providing accurate records.
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our future and current residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
- Ability to provide strong customer service to residents.
- On new acquisitions develop the scope of work on assigned homes and create the required cost and labor estimate based on Company standards.
- Perform pre-move out inspections on homes 30 days prior to resident move out.
- Perform move out inspections and determine the labor, vendor and material needs to return the home to a make ready condition and coordinates and schedules this work either directly or through the Make Ready Coordinator.
- Ability to track and assign work to third party vendors to ensure that homes move to rent ready status as quickly as possible.
- Performs make ready quality and move in ready inspections and is responsible for ensuring all punch list items are completed either by performing the work directly or through coordination with the Make Ready Coordinator.
- Completes property inspections, condition reports, costs and estimates.
- Strong knowledge of the basic workings of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, flooring, appliance, landscaping and irrigation systems. Able to complete some of the basic repairs as needed to reduce cycle times or improve the customer experience.
- Responsible for ensuring all punch list items are completed and days to completion are achieved.
- Ensures all workplace safety standards and practices are upheld.
- Performs new resident move in orientations when needed
- Assists in creation and circulation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Must be a High School graduate.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- 5 or more years of experience as an assistant superintendent, maintenance supervisor or production home customer service representative.
- Knowledge of and ability to demonstrate basic workings of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, flooring, appliance, landscaping and irrigation systems.
- Must have own truck for travel to and from properties as well as to transport various tools, such as ladders, etc. In addition, verifiable insurance and a valid driver’s license is required.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail & high performance standards.
- Good communication skills (both oral & written), and must be comfortable scheduling work directly with residents.
- Ability to work efficiently and to multi-task.
- Proven record of working independently and with minor supervision.
- An effective team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work weekends as necessary.
- Bi-lingual a plus.
- Basic computer skills. Experience in Excel, Word, Outlook and Yardi Voyager preferred.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 1 “you earned it” day.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: 2018-2443