Make Ready Technician
Make Ready Technician
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Field Operations
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 30,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new executive leadership, including the recent appointment of Charles “Chaz” Mueller to Chief Executive Officer. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and regional offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The Make Ready Technician is responsible for performing tasks and work necessary to make a home rent ready. Make Ready Technicians are involved in all aspects of market-level construction and maintenance tasks, tracking, reporting and providing accurate records, scheduling and inspecting repairs and may be required to coordinate and manage third party repair vendors, etc.
- Ability to understand the basic workings of finish, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, flooring, appliance, landscaping and irrigation systems and perform work necessary to refurbish, prepare and make homes into a rent ready condition per the Company’s standard
- Ability to track, monitor and inspect work assigned to third party vendors to ensure that homes move to rent ready status as quickly as possible
- Assist in creation and circulation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting by accurately reporting and recording activities
- Ensure all punch list items are completed in homes
- Complete property condition reports, inspections and cost estimates as needed
- Assist the Leasing team with new resident move in orientations as needed
- Ability to provide strong customer service to residents and vendors
- Ensure all workplace safety standards and practices are upheld
- Maintain fleet vehicle inventory within company guidelines
- Follow fleet vehicle maintenance schedule and keep an organized and clean vehicle/workspace
- High school diploma
- Valid and current Driver’s License in the work state
- 3+ years of experience scoping residential homes or large multi-unit facilities
- Experience as a senior maintenance/estimating position, superintendent, maintenance supervisor preferably in either multi-family, military or single family residential homes
- Ability to demonstrate basic workings of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, flooring, appliance, landscaping and irrigation systems
- Certifications in specific trades is a plus
- Organizational skills, attention to detail & high-performance standards
- Good communication skills (both oral & written)
- Must be comfortable scheduling work directly with residents and vendors
- Ability to work efficiently and to multi-task
- An effective team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to work weekends as necessary
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Basic computer skills including Excel, Word, Outlook and Yardi Voyager preferred
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, and 9 paid holidays.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: 2019-2994