- Job ID
- Job Location
- Scottsdale - Progress Residential
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 30,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new executive leadership, including the recent appointment of Charles “Chaz” Mueller to Chief Executive Officer. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and regional offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
Provide responsive, dependable corporate paralegal support for attorneys and/or professionals of the Company.
- Maintains the corporate records of the Company, its parents, affiliates, and investors, as needed
- Drafts and files formation documents and state registrations in all necessary states, acquires EINs, drafts operating agreements, filing annual reports, filing annual tax payments, registering with department of revenue when necessary, files IRS documents (8875, 8832, etc.) as necessary
- Maintains relationship and records with Statutory Agent; responsible for annual review of services and periodic negotiation of costs, coordinating monthly billing for all entities
- Responsible for ensuring renewals and updates are executed in a timely manner
- Accountable for producing high quality work related to corporate governance when interacting with internal and external organizations
Financial Services Support
- Responds in a timely manner to requests for company information and other record requests during compliance periods for investors and creditors (know your customer)
- Organizes and manages local efforts in drafting and completion of responses to audit letters, final loan documents, deeds and share certificates, as necessary to timely effectuate closings
- Timely periodic reporting of entity matters to auditors and consultants as necessary for compliance with state, local, and federal laws
- Provides legal documents and support to finance team for census reports and bank account openings
Property Management Compliance
- Achieves and maintains compliance with all real estate licensing laws and regulations for all markets in all states currently doing business, and researching for new states
- Manages licenses for all licensed employees (100-125 on average), including renewals, additions, board memberships/MLS, and transitions of employees (to licensed positions, to other states, etc.)
- Accountable for compliance with real estate licensing requirements for the Company and its employees, including timely renewals
- Works with Human Resources to ensure compliance with new hires, transfers/promotions
- Manages Brokerage licenses for each of the Company’s licensed brokerages (over 30), including identifying brokers to represent the brokerages, negotiating broker agreements, ensuring compliance with brokerage rules, setting up new brokerages, and succession planning
- Audits and monitors projects related to property management as necessary
Property Management Legal Support
- Reviews high-risk property management matters and advises market teams on risk mitigation, policy compliance, and customer retention strategies
- Uses property management and legal expertise and discretion in all matters escalated to the legal department
- Manages and uses discretion when handling small claims lawsuits, attorney demand letters, escalated evictions, social media escalations, and litigation, including research of files, determining appropriate legal strategy, executing strategy with external counsel as necessary, responding to attorney demands, and drafting settlement agreements as appropriate
- Manages the reporting process and handling of property-related incidents and personal injury claims made against the Company and its affiliates
- Manages insurance claims and adjustment process for any matters reported to third party insurers, the Company’s GL carrier, or the Company’s property loss carrier
- Reports, reviews and advises on process and procedural improvements as necessary to avoid high-risk situations
- A minimum of 10 years Paralegal experience
- Corporate Governance and Corporate entity experience preferred
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality related to company legal matters
- Experience with property management experience a plus
- Experience with real estate a plus
- Real Estate licensing and compliance experience a plus
- Ability to consistently deliver the highest quality of work under pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with strong interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent research and writing skills, and strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical abilities
- Ability to work and function independently
- Exceptional time management skills and displays a sense of urgency
- Paralegal Certificate from accredited program or relevant work experience
- BS/BS Degree or Paralegal Associates Degree from ABA approved program or relevant work experience
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, and 9 paid holidays.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.