Project Manager - RTS
Project Manager - RTS
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Renovations, Turns & Service (RTS)
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 30,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new executive leadership, including the recent appointment of Charles “Chaz” Mueller to Chief Executive Officer. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and regional offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa
The Project Manager is responsible for determining cost and labor estimates, monitoring and providing oversight of work performed and providing quality assurance during related workflows necessary to complete renovation projects. Project Managers are involved in working with both approved vendors and our internal teams to address required construction and renovation processes. The Project Manager is responsible for tracking, reporting and providing accurate records.
• Perform due-diligence inspections and develop a scope of work on assigned homes to determine the labor, vendor and material needs for completing a renovation project based on Company standards
• Coordinate and schedule work directly and/or through the Project Coordinator
• Track and assign work to third party vendors to ensure that homes move to rent ready status as quickly as possible
• Perform quality control inspections and ensure all identified punch list items are completed either by the contractor or by performing the work directly
• Complete property inspections, condition reports, costs and estimates
• Communicate changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs
• Able to complete some basic repairs as needed to reduce cycle times
• Responsible for ensuring all punch list items are completed and days to completion are achieved
• Ensure all workplace safety standards and practices are upheld
• Assists in creation and circulation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
• Time Management
• Verbal Communication
• Project Management
• Pre-Con Meeting Facilitation
• Assessment Skills
• High School graduate with a valid Driver’s License
• 5 or more years of experience as an assistant superintendent, maintenance supervisor or production home customer service representative
• Strong knowledge of the basic workings of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, flooring, appliance, landscaping and irrigation systems
• Knowledge of and ability to demonstrate basic workings of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, flooring, appliance, landscaping and irrigation system
• Must have own truck for travel to and from properties as well as to transport various tools, such as ladders, etc. In addition, verifiable insurance and a valid driver’s license is required
• Organizational skills, attention to detail & high performance standards
• Good communication skills (both oral & written), and must be comfortable scheduling work directly with residents
• Ability to work efficiently and to multi-task
• Proven record of working independently and with minor supervision
• An effective team player with a positive attitude
• Ability to work weekends as necessary
• Bi-lingual a plus
• Basic computer skills. Experience in Excel, Word, Outlook and Yardi Voyager preferred
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: 2019-3326