- Job ID
- Job Location
The Property Accountant will be responsible for completing accounting functions related to monthly financial close as well as other general ledger functions.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations for assigned general ledger accounts
- Cross-train for coverage of other accounting functions
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly and annual close process
- Perform weekly and monthly expense review process
- Act as a contact person for markets and other internal departments.
- Assist with external financial audit
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Accumulate and maintain accurate reports and reconciliations
- Work closely with Accounting Manager to resolve discrepancies and variances
- Assist Accounting Manager in special projects as needed
- 3 - 5 or more years of experience in an accounting role, corporate experience preferred.
- Real Estate/Property Management experience a strong plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field required
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Experience working in Yardi a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/assignment while consistently meeting deadlines
- Honest, ethical and handles things in confidential manner
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.