Property Tax Specialist
Property Tax Specialist
- Job ID
- Job Location
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 30,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new executive leadership, including the recent appointment of Charles “Chaz” Mueller to Chief Executive Officer. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and regional offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The Property Tax Specialist is responsible for maintaining, analyzing and processing property tax data and ensuring a high level of data integrity.
- Open and scan property tax bills and assessment notices
- Input tax data into the property tax software
- Continually audit property tax data for completeness
- Retrieve missing tax bills and assessment notice.
- Independently research, follow up and resolve property tax questions and notices
- Assist with the preparation of property tax appeal packets
- Assist with the timely payment of property tax bills
- Assist with monthly property tax accrual
- Assist with interim and annual financial audits
- Draft and update accounting policies, procedures, practices and guidelines as requested by management for property taxes and other related tasks
- Conduct special projects and other services at the request of management
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with an accounting or finance major
- 0 to 2 years of property tax / accounting experience required
- Must be proficient in various software packages including, but not limited to, MS Word, MS Excel and Adobe
- Experience with real property taxes a strong plus
- Must be proficient in use of various accounting software. Yardi experience preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Reliable, dependable and trustworthy
- Performs duties in a professional manner and in accordance with laws and regulations
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: 2019-3588