Real Estate Acquisitions Professional - Manage Single Family Home Acquisitions
- Job Title
- Real Estate Acquisitions Professional - Manage Single Family Home Acquisitions
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our future and current residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
Evaluates single-family residential investment opportunities and negotiates the purchase thereof through a carefully selected and trained closed network of real estate agents. This includes underwriting each submitted property to ensure the asset meets the Company’s market-specific investment parameters. The Acquisitions Professional is expected to develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the market, including, tracking competitor activity, rental rates, property values and potential bulk sale opportunities.
- Perform investment analysis and underwriting of single-family residences offered for sale via MLS, Auction, Bulk or New Construction which meet the Company’s purchase criteria and return / yield expectations
- Liaise with buyer’s agents; Negotiate purchases
- Work closely with the Construction team to establish a defined renovation scope and finish level in order to optimize each asset’s return profile (e.g. IRR and Cap Rate)
- Collaborate with Closing Department to ensure a smooth transaction
- Monitor property status through lease-up; Participate in weekly Asset Management meetings to assess overall leasing performance
- Incorporate real-time leasing performance trends into front-end neighborhood and asset selection and underwriting Track supply-demand trends and determine market rents; perform property valuations
- Visit properties and provide feedback to the Construction, Property Management, and Asset Management teams
- Tour submarkets and subdivisions and provide input as to whether the Company should expand its portfolio to include such locations
- Tour and evaluate competitor inventory; identify ways the Company can differentiate its properties to more favorably compete for residents
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 1 “you earned it” day.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Business, Finance, or related subject) required
- Previous Analyst experience desired
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM preferred
- Ability to be independent and a self-starter; is self-motivated and takes initiative
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to distill information down to key points
- Identify issues and offer solutions
- Thinks critically and draws well-reasoned conclusions
- Minimal travel required
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.