Regional Director of Renovations
Regional Director of Renovations
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Renovations, Turns & Service (RTS)
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 33,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for over 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new, top-notch executive leadership. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and market offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The Regional Renovations Director is a member of the Renovations Turns and Service group. This position is responsible for ensuring the Renovation Group within a geographic region is in alignment with the directions established in the strategic plan for due diligence inspection and construction renovations of single family homes through turn over to market operations. This position will be based out of our Atlanta office.
The Regional Renovations Director has direct management oversight for the Senior Project Managers and the Renovation Group team members in their assigned portfolio. They are responsible for insuring consistency and budget adherence so that homes purchased perform as identified during the due diligence process.
As a portfolio leader, the Regional Renovations Director will supervise renovation group leadership, set goals, and assist in holding both team members and vendors accountable for results.
- Management oversight of market Renovation Groups
- Collaborate with Acquisitions Managers to insure homes are performing as acquired
- Assist in development, training and adherence to Progress Residential renovations standards
- Ensure teams timely complete all renovations to minimize downtime and maximize rental revenue
- Ensure reporting systems are in place and followed in each assigned market
- Assist Senior Project Managers in confirming all renovations meet quality control standards
- Ensure that Renovation Group team members have access to and participate in training of all newly developed process and procedures
- Ensure assigned markets comply with the Company’s national procurement policy and program.
- Ensure the Renovations Group is performing accurate tracking and reporting of all renovation work
- Review weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual construction reporting metrics
- Advise and implement corrective actions to negative trends
- Assist the Senior Project Manager in ensuring all properties are compliant with local, state and federal health and safety guidelines
- Assist the Vice President, Renovations and Turns in metric development and holding team accountable for achievement
Human Resource Management
- Handles multiple tasks under pressure
- Supervise staff, set goals and hold people accountable for results
- Coordinate activities to maximize the efficiency of all processes
- Develop team and focus on succession planning within group
- Ensure all employees have goals and receive regular feedback on their performance
- Ensure all required training is completed in a timely manner
- Ensure that workplace safety standards and practices are upheld at all times
- Performance management of personnel including, reviews, corrective action, mentoring, development plans and performance improvement plans
- High School diploma required
- 15 or more years of experience as a senior superintendent, regional maintenance supervisor or production home customer service manager; regional or director level experience preferred
- Experience in managing multiple staff members over a geographic region
- Extensive knowledge of Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC, Flooring, Appliances, Landscaping and Irrigation Systems as they relate to single family residential homes
- Mastery of general UBC building codes and rental property health and safety regulations
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to work efficiently and to multi-task
- Proven record of working independently and with minor supervision
- An effective team player with a positive attitude
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include some weekends
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Basic computer skills with experience in Excel, Word, Outlook and Yardi Voyager preferred
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative, not-so-typical real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and fun at work. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and a 401(k) program with company matching contributions.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: 2019-3516