Resident Relations Manager
- Job Title
- Resident Relations Manager
- Property Management
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our future and current residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
The Resident Relations Manager (RRM) is directly responsible for the management of customer communication in the office. This position provides leadership and daily management over a team responsible for the daily communications with residents and customer relations (Resident Service Coordinators, Resident Relations Specialist, and Accounts Manager). The RRM supports the Senior Portfolio Operations Director in all aspects of field-level property management, included but not limited to resident inquires, survey responses, customer service escalations, and general management of the resident experience. The RRM provides direction in absence of the Portfolio Operations Director to the market team.
- Lead team in maintaining a high degree of customer service and competency level in all resident interactions, whether over the phone or email, through formal written communication or in person.
- Oversee and manage development of resident service coordinators and resident service specialists.
- Monitor incoming phone calls, ensuring that calls are answered and coaching employees on customer service skills.
- Oversight of case tasks, ensuring all are responded to in a timely manner.
- Coordinate actions required to follow up with customer service surveys.
- Handle customer service escalations to try and solve before sent up to SPOD.
- First line of contact for Social Media Reputation Manager in cases of bad on line reviews and BBB complaints.
- Enforce policies to enable assigned portfolio to function according to quality standards and operating objectives.
- Understand and possess the ability to train team on fiduciary duty. Lead team to always make decisions based on the best interests of the business.
- Ensure that the policies and procedures are followed.
- Carry out other duties as assigned that are in the best interests of the company.
Human Resource Management
- Supervision of staff, set goals and holds people accountable for results.
- Ensures that the group provides outstanding customer service and is responsive to requests.
- Coordinates activities to maximize the efficiency of all processes.
- Insure that all training requirements are completed on time.
- Ensures that employees all have goals and receive regular feedback on their performance
- Performance management of personnel including, reviews, corrective action, mentoring, development plans and performance improvement plans.
- Insure all safety standards are met and training for staff is completed.
Of course you have the essentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or 5+ years of progressive property management work experience.
- 5 or more years of previous property management experience in either the single family or multi-family rental industry.
- At least 3 or more years of supervisory experience.
- Real Estate license preferred.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and is detail oriented.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-changing, growth environment.
- Holds team accountable for results and provides timely feedback. Completes annual performance review process for direct reports and oversees review process for all property management personnel in assigned region.
- Fosters teamwork and mutual respect throughout the company.
- Interacts productively in person and through technology with co-workers, team members.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy, ability to comfortably navigate new technology and competency in MS Office suite a must.
- Previous use of Yardi Voyager and Salesforce a plus.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 1 “you earned it” day.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: 2018-2424