- Job ID
- Job Location
The Revenue Manager will gather and review recent comparable transactions to determine the optimal price for our homes. This is integral to our revenue and company foundation. The Revenue Manager will assist in implementing pricing strategies for individual markets to maximize rent profits and minimizes vacancy. This role will focus on rent analysis, pricing administration and will act as a subject matter expert on pricing concerns.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Revenue Management, Yield Management or Pricing experience preferred. Relevant experience may include residential real estate, leasing, multi-family and/or hospitality operations, economics and other applications of revenue/yield management principles in other industries.
- Passion for driving business results through analytical process.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to build internal coalitions to drive analysis-driven change through the organization.
- Strong analytical background and ability to learn new systems quickly.
- High degree of organization and time management skills with the ability to independently see the completion of multiple projects within a deadline while managing a daily pricing queue.
- Tolerance for ambiguity (”fuzziness”) of early change management situations.
- Ability to make decisions by extrapolating from limited data.
- Proficiency with analytical and presentation tools such as Excel pivot tables, database queries, graphing, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to “think out of the box” and bring new ideas to the table, not merely executing tasks as directed from above.
- Is the “go to person” for questions/help on pricing and revenue management issues for their geographic area (5,000 – 8,000 homes)
- Responsible for new and renewal rent pricing based on competitive market pricing, market occupancy and seasonality to maximize revenue growth, managed through daily queues.
- Evaluates performance of properties and suggests corrective actions for poorer performing properties.
- Communicates Pricing and Revenue Mangement (PRM) philosophies and results to mid-level local managers through weekly pricing calls.
- Responds to ad hoc requests for assistance from Leasing Managers and Property Operations Directors
- Works with executive, mid-level and local leaders to map desired business strategies into appropriate pricing decisions.
- Identifies and resolves PRM issues through variety of structured and ad hoc analytics
- Compiles market analysis information and trends to make informed recommendations to management.
- Tests new pricing tools and gives advice to further the efficiency and effectiveness of current tools and processes.
- Supports current KPIs and contributes to creating new KPIs where needed.
- Supports development and/or modification of training materials for PRM tools.
- Acts as change agent to support new PRM ideas/policies throughout the Company.
- Develops analyses for anything related to demand forecasting, demand management or pricing activities (these might include credit risk assessment, market segmentation, customer price sensitivities, pricing strategies and tactics, bundling or unbundling of products and services, etc.)
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 1 “you earned it” day.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v