Senior Closing Specialist
Senior Closing Specialist
- Job ID
- Job Location
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 30,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new executive leadership, including the recent appointment of Charles “Chaz” Mueller to Chief Executive Officer. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and regional offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
Responsible for processing acquisition and disposition of assets.
- Primary liaison between internal teams, real estate agents, closing/escrow agents and other parties associated with the acquisition/disposition of assets
- Handle acquisition and/or dispositions of assets, including but not limited to:
- Coordinate closing with all parties
- Audit purchase/sale agreements to confirm all terms and conditions are in line with company standards
- Order and review title commitments and other real estate due diligence associated with the acquisition and/or disposition of assets to identify potential issues impacting ownership and/or marketability of assets
- Prepare deed transfers and other closing related documents
- Review and approve applicable closing due diligence, documents and settlement statements
- Ensure financial terms included in settlement statement are in line with approved transaction term
- Timely address inquiries and requests from internal team members and third parties
- Initiate bank wires for earnest money deposits and closing funds
- Collect, manage and verify collateral documents
- Audit collateral documents for assets being boarded onto the credit facility
- Resolve issues identified in title and due diligence review
- Train new team members on all aspects of Title & Closing team responsibilities
- Resolve post close title matters
- Handle special projects and additional requirements as needed
- Manage email boxes associated with the Title & Closing Department
- Assist with additional duties and special projects as needed
- Minimum 5 years transactional real estate experience; Title/escrow, paralegal or finance background
- Supervisory experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Organized work approach
- Ability to multi-task and work independently when needed
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills
- Work well in a team environment
- Honest, ethical and ability to appropriately handle confidential manners
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.