Senior Renovations/Construction Project Manager
Senior Renovations/Construction Project Manager
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Renovations, Turns & Service (RTS)
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 33,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for over 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new, top-notch executive leadership. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and market offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the management and oversight of the Initial Renovation process for newly purchased homes. The Senior Project Manager manages the Project Managers and oversee the management of the vendor base within their Metro Service Area (MSA). The Senior Project Manager is responsible for a number of key performance indicators including due diligence inspections timing, renovation quality, adherence to budget and associate and vendor performance.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of renovation projects
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Ensure timely completion of all renovations across the portfolio to minimize downtime and maximize rental revenue.
- Manage appropriate staffing, contractor and vendor levels as necessary to minimize downtime and maximize rental revenue while controlling costs.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives.
- Ensure all assigned rent ready units meet quality control guidelines.
- Manage quality control program and reporting system,
- Perform ongoing training of associates on newly developed process and procedures.
- Control cost and perform unit turns within budget
- Comply with the Company’s national procurement policy and program
- Monitor and track the progress of all renovation projects in a detailed manner
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs
- Accurately track and report all work
- Ensure all workplace safety standards and practices are upheld
- Assist in creation and circulation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting by making sure all information pertaining to duties is accurately reported or updated.
- Ensure all properties are compliant with local, state and federal health and safety
- Establish and maintain relationships with third party renovation vendors
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis
- Developing and Tracking Budgets
- Project Management
- Process Improvement
- Performance Management
- Verbal Communication
- Time Management
- High School graduate with a valid Driver’s License
- 5 years or more years of experience as a senior superintendent, regional maintenance supervisor or production home customer service manager; regional or director level experience preferred
- Experience in managing multiple staff members over a geographic region
- Extensive knowledge of Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC, Flooring, Appliances, Landscaping and Irrigation Systems as they relate to residential homes
- Mastery of general UBC building codes and rental property health and safety regulations
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to work efficiently and to multi-task
- Proven record of working independently and with minor supervision
- An effective team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include some weekends
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Basic computer skills. Experience in Excel, Word, Outlook and Yardi Voyager preferred
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: 2019-3683