Senior Systems Business Analyst
Senior Systems Business Analyst
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Information Technology
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 30,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new executive leadership, including the recent appointment of Charles “Chaz” Mueller to Chief Executive Officer. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and regional offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The Senior Systems Business Analyst will be responsible for requirements gathering, technical writing, business and functional requirements writing, working with system architects, user acceptance testing, and release rollouts. The Senior Systems Business Analyst will work closely with the Project Management, Operational and Accounting groups to drive projects to milestones and completion, all while maintaining property management best practices.
- Document business processes related to product, operations and systems
- Identify and coordinate new IT system developments or enhancements with the business owners
- Manage system implementations as appropriate
- Lead and attend focus groups with business teams
- Liaise between product and technology groups to define business requirements
- Produce detailed functional requirement specifications from existing systems, previous drafts, and SME interviews
- Explain system architecture to business stakeholders as it relates to business requirements
- Actively working with internal teams and external peers to achieve the highest proficiencies for Progress
- Work with system architects to ensure system design meets business requirements
- Participation in software specification, gap analysis, and requirements analysis
- Ability to guide and work within project work plans with tight timelines
- Ensure consistency of specifications across sub-systems
- Lead structed meetings and clearly communicate tasks, deadlines and expectations
- Provide input into user interface layouts and prepare mock-ups
- Coordinate and follow-up with UAT to confirm sign-off has been received
- Ability to log, track and manage issues, bugs, and enhancements/features requests logged in JIRA
- Write, revise, and edit client education, user, administrative, and support materials (user guides, quick reference guides, FAQs, training materials, online help)
- Conduct user training workshops as required
- Administer cloud-based business applications, including document storage system
- Assist with corporate and customer facing website administration tasks
- Solid, detail-oriented documentation and communication skills, and ability to translate technical concepts clearly for non-technical decision-makers
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of technology, finance or business administration or 5 or more years of progressive experience in a business analyst role
- Solid experience in Property Management
- Flexibility and attitude to achieve tight deadlines
- Proven experience providing detailed business problem analysis, process mapping, etc
- Ability to work with system architects and verify that system design meets the business’ requirements
- Understanding of the software development life-cycle (SDLC, Iterative)
- 3+ years experience in applications such as Salesforce required
- Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities. Ability to work with a complex field organization across geographical boundaries
- Ability to work with system architects and verify that system design meets the business’ requirements.
- Facilitate and elicit consensus among project team members and various business stakeholders
- Travel to field offices for system roll-outs or business workshops (approximately 10% Travel)
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, and 9 paid holidays.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.