Senior Vice President National Operations
Senior Vice President National Operations
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Customer Service/Support
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 30,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new executive leadership, including the recent appointment of Charles “Chaz” Mueller to Chief Executive Officer. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and regional offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The Senior Vice President National Operations will report to the Chief Operations Officer and will have responsibility for the centralized delivery of all National Operations including: Customer Care, Service Coordination, and Customer Onboarding and Retention. Responsibilities for additional central functions may be added over time.
The Senior Vice President National Operations will manage certain centralized functions to support Progress Residential Markets. These functions will include Sales and Resident Service call centers as well as other support teams in the Scottsdale office. Responsibilities include setting the strategic direction and management of the central functions in conjunction with corporate goals and initiatives. The position will also work with the Information Technology group in the planning and administration of telephony, CRM and workforce management systems to drive operational excellence. Working with internal and external customers and stakeholders, the Senior Vice President National Operations will be responsible for setting goals, identifying solutions to achieve productivity and performance objectives as well as ensuring that requirements set forth by the Market Operations team are achieved on-time and meet expectations.
- Manage and build strong teams along with their team leaders to embrace and lead the way for outstanding customer experiences
- Directly oversee team leaders and managers for centralized functions.
- Maintain a hiring and new hire training process that supports the ability to respond to quick growth, building a competent workforce and management team
- Acquire and maintain an adequate staff of trained National Operations employees to ensure all customer services can be delivered within required time frames and at the productivity and profitability standards established
- Ensure achievement of high performance levels through training and curriculum that anticipates customer’s future needs and expectations and continuously enhances the competency of employees to handle more complex programs and solutions
- In a growing and evolving culture of change, be an initiator and champion of change and lead National Operation teams through change management
- Build strong working relationships with the Market teams through collaboration with EVP Market Operations, EVP Renovations, Turns and Service, Regional Managers and other support resources within the company
- Build trust with executive leadership to demonstrating authentic desire to support the organization
- Maintain a positive, collaborative and cohesive work environment to attract and retain top level leaders and employees throughout the National Operations teams
- Develop and maintain strategic plans that support short and long-term business development and company growth
- Provide continual evaluation of processes and procedures; suggesting methods to improve area operations, efficiency and service to customers
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization to drive quality improvement in the customer life-cycle
- Analyze business metrics throughout the year to drive performance of self and teams we well as shift priorities and adjust practices in support of overall company goals
- Maintain metric/measurements and analysis processes to ensure customer satisfaction, productivity and profitability during growth spurt
- Regularly prepare executive updates for programs in process to keep the leadership and management team informed
- Own and lead corporate telecom and Workforce Management initiatives throughout the project lifecycle to support new business initiatives
- Develop an understanding of business issues and develop process and technology improvements that provide solutions and identify system enhancements to further automate processes to drive efficiencies
- Manage internal and external vendors responsible for delivering technology and business process services, including participating in contract negotiations, establishing and monitoring service delivery/productivity/quality standards setting priorities and analyzing costs as required
- Instill practices for meeting Progress Residential’s commitment to compliance
Pivotal Experience and Expertise
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of related experience required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 15 years of responsible national operations experience required of which at least 10 are from successful management of national operations
- Project management skills and ability to manage people and teams with multiple functions on various levels in the organization required
- Operational Property Management experience is a plus
- Past exposure to marketing and sales programs and functions
- Excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills
- Results Oriented – track record of delivering quantifiable results to the organization
Culture Fit & Impact
- Drives to win in a team-based atmosphere
- Possesses a transparent and timely communication style
- Holds others accountable and takes responsibility for one’s own actions
- Possesses sense of humility and professionalism to ensure success across the company
- Has a high degree of entrepreneurial spirit and takes initiative; not afraid to “roll up sleeves”
- Unquestionable integrity and personal values
- Self-starting Leader - proven ability to see the vision and drive frequent and continual organizational change and improvement to accomplish world-class service and superior quality; proven ability to formulate and execute strategic and tactical organizational and operational plans to improve operational performance and support corporate goals
- Results Oriented – track record of delivering quantifiable results to the organization (i.e. analyze opportunities/risks, develop and execute related action plans and deliver results), highly organized and disciplined
- Leadership Development Skills - proven ability to recruit, build/develop and lead teams comprised of a diverse group of scarce, skilled resources in a directly managed environment
- Operations Management Skills – proven ability to identify, collect and analyze operations performance data, market research data, and other related data to improve performance to provide system change recommendations
- Expertise at consensus and relationship building with internal and external stakeholders
- A strategic thinker, who can see beyond what is and imagine what should be
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent business acumen combined with creative problem solving and analytical skills
- Results-driven, disciplines and hard-working, with a focus on setting and meeting deadlines and budgets
- Ability to adjust rapidly and frequently to new situations, able to help others accept and adapt to change
- Good balance between entrepreneurial creativity and tenacity
- Experience of, and sophisticated approach to, multi-stakeholder relationship management
- Strong leadership capabilities with a high level of maturity and emotional intelligence
- Ability to inspire others to action through influence
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, and 9 paid holidays.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.