- Job ID
- Job Location
The Service Maintenance Manager is a member of the Property Management team and is responsible for the management and oversight of assigned Service Technicians and Service Coordinator(s). The Service Maintenance Manager ensures that resident service requests are completed correctly and in a timely fashion. The Service Maintenance Manager is tasked with demonstrating and leading a team that provides exceptional customer service.
- 7 more years of experience with operations and maintenance in large multi-family, commercial or military housing; or experience with construction management, construction and repair; or equivalent work experience as a residential construction superintendent for either production or large scale custom home building operation.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Driver's License required.
- Experience in a supervisory or leadership role previously.
- Proven effective Manager of people, ability to clearly communicate to team member the goals of the organization.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include weekends and evenings to meet resident needs.
- Ability to manage a team towards long and short term goals, ensuring the organization is successful in its endeavors.
- Ability to review and understand cost estimates and scopes of work and in tune with current labor rates in given MSA.
- Effective communication skills, ability to work with General and Sub-Contractors on scope, price and schedule.
- Ability to effectively schedule and manage multiple contractors/crews at various locations within a given geographic area.
- Knowledge of residential repairs and troubleshooting.
- Strong customer service skills, must be able to put customers at ease..
- Strong skills with MS office products including Excel.
- SalesForce and/or Yardi experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Manages the Service Department to provide outstanding customer service and timely resolution to resident requests and home issues.
- Oversees the Service Technicians and vendors to ensure the best possible outcome on service requests, residents are highly satisfied, and expenses and costs stay within stated company targets.
- Monitors and manages response times, resident satisfaction and the overall productivity and efficiency of Service Technicians and vendors within their portfolio.
- Oversees the daily call assignments and logistics for their team.
- Reviews requests to use third party vendors and approves as appropriate. Reviews vendor pricing and approves invoices for completed work.
- Performs ongoing training of team on newly developed process and procedures. Educates and promotes property repair best practices. Coordinate skill and trade based training for associates as needed.
- Responsible for cost control on service orders and that all maintenance related tasks stay within budget.
- Available to help answer Service Technicians technical questions and concerns.
- Follows up on service orders to ensure resident satisfaction with the work completed and works to resolve issues with dissatisfied customers.
- Responsible for accurate tracking and reporting of work.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Service Director and Portfolio Operations Director.
- Complies with all Company applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as ensures all properties are compliant with local, state and federal health and safety laws
- Supervision of staff, set goals and holds associates and vendors accountable for results.
- Coordinate activities to maximize the efficiency of all processes.
- Develop team and is focused on succession plan within group.
- Ensure that associates all have goals and receive regular feedback on their performance
- Ensures that all required training is completed in a timely manner
- Ensures that workplace safety standards and practices are upheld at all time.
- Performance management of personnel including, reviews, corrective action, mentoring, development and performance improvement plan
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 1 “you earned it” day.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 25,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our future and current residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
Job Reference #: 2018-2565