Service Technician II
Service Technician II
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Field Operations
The Service Technician III - HVAC is a key associate in providing an outstanding customer experience while providing cost and expense controls. The Service Technician III - HVAC works on the Property Management team to inspect, troubleshoot and repair HVAC systems in our Progress Residential single family homes. Additional residential maintenance and repairs are required as needed.
- Ability to quickly assess the situation and determine the appropriate steps necessary to resolving the service requests while providing outstanding customer service and being an ideal representative of Progress Residential.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled/emergency preventative maintenance, inspections, and service requests including replacement, and modifications of equipment or systems as needed or requested by customers, involving the following on a daily basis:
? Electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems
? Water irrigation systems
? Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings
? Tile, carpet, and flooring
? Roofing, gutters, fasteners
? Interior/exterior lights and ceiling fans
? Fireplaces and Gas fixtures
? Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors and locks
? Ceiling leaks
? Drywall and Painting
? Pool areas, tile, hot tub/spa, pool furniture
? Other Service areas as required.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot advanced issues and then repair or replace defective equipment, components, or wiring on HVAC equipment.
- Report all major repairs or replacements prior to any expenditure of funds.
- Must be aware of the condition of the property at all times and take immediate steps to correct any unsafe condition.
- Service Technicians will conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations (such as Lead Based Paint, ADA, Fair Housing, HAZCOM Program OSHA, etc.)
- Ensures all workplace safety standards and practices are upheld
- Completes service requests in a professional timely manner.
- Maintains regular attendance and excellent punctuality.
- All other duties assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in general service and maintenance experience (painting, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, drywall repair, etc.)
- Technical College or Trade Program with HVAC Certification is Required
- EPA (Type II) Certification Required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience providing routine maintenance, cleaning, inspection and repair of warm air furnaces, air conditioners, duct distribution systems, water heaters, and related piping and electrical.
- Experience repairing all makes & models of residential appliances in customers’ homes preferred
- Ability to maintain, inspect, diagnose and troubleshoot advanced issues and then repair or replace defective equipment or components on standard household appliances preferred
- Ability to install all makes & models of residential appliances preferred
- Required equipment - Employee must have their own tools required to perform ongoing service in residential environment.
- Maintain reliable transportation daily that can professionally and safely transport required materials necessary to perform job functions (i.e. ladders, hot water heaters, appliances, etc.)
- Must possess valid driver’s license and valid vehicle insurance at all times with no major traffic violations, suspensions, or DUI’s in previous 5 years.
- Available for on-call Service, weekends and evenings as needed
- Previous experience in either the single-family or multi-family rental industry required.
- Must possess ability to work and cope well under pressure, meet multiple and sometimes competing and tight deadlines.
- Ability to interact with residents, and vendors/contractors tactfully and professionally.
- Strong organizational skills, communication and “people skills'.
- Typical Physical Demands - Regularly required sitting and standing for several hours at a time, to climb up and down stairs several times each day, and to lift 50 pounds with ease.
- Must be knowledgeable of all pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Honest, ethical and handles things in confidential manner.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: 2018-2767