- Job ID
- Job Location
- Property Operations - Non Management - Service/Maintenance
The service technician is a key associate in providing an outstanding customer experience while providing cost and expense controls. The Service Technician works on the Property Management team to trouble shoot, make proper repairs and provide excellent customer service for our customers in our Progress Residential single-family homes.
- Ability to quickly assess the situation and determine the appropriate steps necessary to resolving the service requests
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and be an ideal representative of Progress Residential’s standards
- Service Technicians will conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations (such as Lead Based Paint, ADA, Fair Housing, HAZCOM Program OSHA, etc.)
- Maintain fleet vehicle and inventory within company guidelines
- Diagnose and perform service or repairs as directed, involving the following on a daily basis:
- Electrical and plumbing
- A/C and heating systems
- Water irrigation systems
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings
- Tile, carpet, and flooring
- Roofing, gutters, fasteners
- Interior/exterior lights
- Fireplaces, ceiling fans
- Gas fixtures and appliances
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors o Boiler, gas and electric
- Door locks, P.O. boxes and locks
- Security systems
- Ceiling leaks
- Pool areas, tile, hot tub/spa, pool furniture
- Other Service areas as required.
- Schedule and perform routine preventive service on residential properties
- Report all major repairs and need requisitions prior to any expenditure of funds
- Must be aware of the condition of the property at all times and take immediate steps to correct any unsafe condition
- Follow Fleet vehicle maintenance schedule and keep an organized and clean vehicle/workspace
- Ensure all workplace safety standards and practices are upheld
- Completes service requests in a professional timely manner
- Maintains regular attendance and excellent punctuality
- This role is considered Safety Sensitive and full compliance with all Fleet policies and procedures must be adhered to at all times
- Drivers of Progress Residential Fleet vehicles are expected to maintain a good driving record and drive in a safe manner at all times
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must have a valid Driver’s License in the working state
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in general service or other service responsibilities that will include the ability to recognize electrical plumbing and mechanical malfunctions or equipment failures
- Required equipment - Employee must have their own tools required to perform ongoing service in a residential environment
- Available for on-call service work
- Available to work both weekends and evenings
- Previous experience in either the single-family or multi-family rental industry required
- Must possess ability to work and cope well under pressure, meet multiple and sometimes competing and tight deadlines
- Ability to interact with residents, and vendors/contractors tactfully and professionally
- Strong organizational skills, communication and people-skills
- Typical Physical Demands - Regularly required sitting and standing for several hours at a time, to climb up and down stairs several times each day, and to lift 50 pounds with ease
- Must be knowledgeable of all pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad)
- Honest, ethical and handles things in confidential manner.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With over 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our current and future residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
Job Reference #: 2018-2936