- Job Title
- Service Technician
- Property Operations - Non Management - Service/Maintenance
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With over 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our current and future residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
What you bring to the table:
We are seeking a Service Technician who is personable, punctual and attentive to detail. You will play a pivotal role in delivering an outstanding customer experience while providing cost and expense controls. We’ll turn to you to quickly assess, troubleshoot and make repairs in our Progress Residential® single-family homes. To do so, you must understand the rules about lead-based paint, ADA, fair housing, EPA and OSHA regulations. You not only demonstrate flawless repair skills, but you also report all major repairs and maintain regular attendance.
You take workplace safety seriously and ensure all policies are upheld even while juggling multiple tasks and tight deadlines. We can count on you to quickly determine the appropriate course of action to resolve scheduled and emergency service requests. You are truly a jack-of-all-trades, and can maintain everything from sprinklers, shutters and stairs to flooring, fencing and fireplaces to painting, plumbing and pools.
Of course, you also have the essentials:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in general service, recognizing electrical plumbing and mechanical malfunctions or equipment failures
- Previous experience in either the single-family or multi-family rental industry required
- Must have their own tools required to perform ongoing service in residential environment
- Must maintain reliable transportation daily that can professionally and safely transport required materials necessary to perform job functions, i.e. ladders, hot water heaters, appliances, etc.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and valid vehicle insurance at all times
- Available for on-call service, and willing to work both weekends and evenings
- Must possess ability to work and cope well under pressure, meet multiple and sometimes competing and tight deadlines
- Ability to interact with residents, and vendors/contractors tactfully and professionally
- Strong organizational skills, communication and “people skills'
- Must be knowledgeable of all pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative company:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- We also offer a monthly phone stipend and mileage reimbursement, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 2 “you earned it” days.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: 2017-2311