- Job Title
- Service Technician
- Property Operations - Non Management - Service/Maintenance
The Service Technician is a key associate in providing an outstanding customer experience while providing cost and expense controls. The Service Technician works on the Property Management team to trouble shoot, make proper repairs and provide excellent customer service for our customers in our Progress Residential single family homes.
- Ability to quickly assess the situation and determine the appropriate steps necessary to resolving the service requests.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and be an ideal representative of Progress’s standards.
- Service Technicians will conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations (such as Lead Based Paint, ADA, Fair Housing, HAZCOM Program OSHA, etc.).
- Diagnose and perform service or repairs as directed, involving the following on a daily basis:
- Electrical and plumbing
- A/C and heating systems
- Water irrigation systems
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings
- Tile, carpet, and flooring
- Roofing, gutters, fasteners
- Interior/exterior lights
- Fireplaces, ceiling fans
- Gas fixtures and appliances
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors o Boiler, gas and electric
- Door locks, P.O. boxes and locks
- Security systems
- Ceiling leaks
- Pool areas, tile, hot tub/spa, pool furniture
- Other Service areas as required.
- Schedule and perform routine preventive service on residential properties.
- Report all major repairs and need requisitions prior to any expenditure of funds.
- Must be aware of the condition of the property at all times and take immediate steps to correct any unsafe condition.
- Ensures all workplace safety standards and practices are upheld
- Completes service requests in a professional timely manner.
- Maintains regular attendance and excellent punctuality.
- All other duties assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in general service or other service responsibilities that will include the ability to recognize electrical plumbing and mechanical malfunctions or equipment failures.
- Required equipment - Employee must have their own tools required to perform ongoing service in residential environment.
- Maintain reliable transportation daily that can professionally and safely transport required materials necessary to perform job functions, i.e. ladders, hot water heaters, appliances, etc.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and valid vehicle insurance at all times.
- Available for on-call Service service.
- Available to work both weekends and evenings.
- Previous experience in either the single-family or multi-family rental industry required.
- Must possess ability to work and cope well under pressure, meet multiple and sometimes competing and tight deadlines.
- Ability to interact with residents, and vendors/contractors tactfully and professionally.
- Strong organizational skills, communication and “people skills'.
- Typical Physical Demands - Regularly required sitting and standing for several hours at a time, to climb up and down stairs several times each day, and to lift 50 pounds with ease.
- Must be knowledgeable of all pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations.
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Honest, ethical and handles things in confidential manner.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential is a proud Equal Opportunity employ
Job Reference #: 2017-2233