Sr. Property Tax Analyst
Sr. Property Tax Analyst
- Job ID
- Job Location
The Sr. Property Tax Analyst is responsible for maintaining, analyzing and processing the property tax data for all portfolios and ensuring a high level of data integrity. The Sr. Property Tax Analyst will be the liaison with outsourced property tax servicers as well as interface with various departments in the Company to provide and receive information pertinent to property tax calculations.
- Work in a manner that meets budgeted costs and constraints of the accounting department
- Assist in measuring Company’s performance toward achieving its goals
- Compile and upload newly acquired property data into the property tax software daily
- Prepare monthly property tax accrual and provide budget to actual variance analysis
- Independently research, follow up and resolve property tax questions and notices
- Continually audit property tax data for completeness
- Retrieve missing tax bills and assessment notices
- Analyze and process all property tax payments in a timely manner
- Assist with annual property tax budget
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for property tax accounts
- Assist with interim and annual financial audits
- Maintain and improve reporting as needed to meet management requests
- Prepare ad hoc property tax reports upon request
- Draft and update accounting policies, procedures, practices and guidelines as requested by management for property taxes and other related tasks
- Conduct special projects and other services at the request of management, which includes financial analysis and accounting research
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with an accounting or finance major
- 3 to 5 years of property tax experience required
- Proficiency in various software packages including MS Office
- Property Management experience a strong plus
- Proficiency in various accounting software with Yardi experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to work independently
- Self-directed and motivated
- Reliable, dependable and trustworthy
- Performs duties in a professional manner and in accordance with laws and regulations.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: 2018-2795