- Job Title
- Staff Accountant
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our current and future residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting with the month end close process and to ensure transactions are recorded in the proper period. The position is responsible for all Property Management billing and assisting the Accounting Manager with corporate accounting responsibilities. The position requires interfacing with various departments in the Company to provide and receive information pertinent to various accounting issues.
- Work in a manner that meets budgeted costs and constraints of the accounting department.
- Assist in measuring Company’s performance toward achieving its goals.
- Actively participates in month end close and searches for continuous improvement in quality and timeliness of work.
- Prepares all Property Management billing fees during month end close and throughout the month.
- Reviews all Property Management billing wires for the Property accounting team on a monthly basis and reconciles balances.
- Prepares all corporate cash entries on a daily basis.
- Prepares and completes bank reconciliations at month end.
- Completes required account reconciliations related to Accounts Receivable and other accounts as needed.
- Assists Accounts Payable, as needed, including vendor inquiries for Property Management external commissions and reviews.
- Maintains and improves reporting as needed to meet management requests.
- Drafts and updates accounting policies, procedures, practices and guidelines as requested by management related to Property Management Accounts Receivable.
- Conducts special projects and other services at the request of management, which includes financial analysis and accounting research.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with an accounting major
- 1 to 3 years of related accounting experience
- Must be proficient in various software packages including but not limited to Word, Excel and Outlook
- Property Management experience a strong plus
- Must be proficient in use of various accounting software platforms with Yardi experience preferred
- Must be proficient in accounting rules, including prepaids and accrual recognition
- Excellent verbal and written communication with strong presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to work independently
- Self-direct, motivated, reliable, dependable and trustworthy
- Proven decision-making abilities
- Performs duties in a professional manner and in accordance with laws and regulations
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 1 “you earned it” day.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: 2018-2418