Systems Administrator IT
Systems Administrator IT
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Information Technology
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 33,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for over 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new, top-notch executive leadership. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and market offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The Systems Administrator position delivers superior hardware and software support to the Progress Residential corporate office and the field office locations. This position will assist the Infrastructure team in building a best in class technology support function within a fast-growing organization.
- Works closely with the IT Infrastructure team to assist with the day-to-day operations of the Progress corporate and field office IT infrastructure by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair. Works with vendors to assist in all support activities.
- Provides coordination and hands-on turn up of new infrastructure (servers, network connectivity, wireless access points, and phone systems) at all field offices
- Provides administrative functions on MS Exchange, including granting access to new users, removing users and troubleshooting access issues
- Trains technical staff in how to use company approved software, hardware and manage the health of all on premise server room infrastructure.
- Performs troubleshooting as required. Leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical servers and equipment including corporate phone systems.
- Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
- Monitor the team ticket queue and respond to Incident and Service Request tickets within SLA specific timeframe.
- Develops procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
- Develops tools, procedures, and training sessions for operations, client support and systems development staff to assist with work.
- Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways for Progress to take advantage of new technology.
- Provide high level technical support to employees, in corporate office as well as field office locations.
- Troubleshoot and determine service problems with web, email and other Internet applications.
- Ensure all new hires have the required access on their first day of employment.
- Manage users and resources in GAL/Employee Public Directory.
- Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Become intimately familiar with the architecture of our AWS based systems and be responsible for drilling down to code level and logs
- Selecting the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data, or security requirements
- Devise, develop, and champion cloud based best practices.
- Able to investigate, test, and deploy new technologies where little documentation exists.
- Provide proactive support, monitoring, troubleshooting, diagnostics and problem resolution across cloud environments.
- High School Diploma required, some technical school or college preferred.
- 5 or more years’ experience in Systems Administration or equivalent education.
- Proven experience and attitude around providing outstanding customer service.
- Availability to work after-hours when necessary for applicable maintenance tasks.
- Effectively present information to employees, customers and top management.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Experience with hardware and software issues.
- Proficient in Internet related applications such as E-Mail and Web Browsers.
- Microsoft Office 365 deployment experience and administration.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Anti-Virus software.
- Ability to learn and adopt new tools, techniques to increase (infrastructure and solutions) performance, automation and scalability.
- Knowledge and familiarity of Windows 7 and 10 as well as Windows Sever 2012-2016 operating systems.
- Knowledge on the configuration of Windows based PCs.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Apple systems for iPads.
- May require some travel to field office locations, estimated at 20%.
- Preferred experiences with managing and maintaining Palo Alto Firewalls and Cisco switching
- Knowledge of configuring/maintaining virtual environments ( VMWare/AWS)
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, and 9 paid holidays.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.