Vendor Resource Manager
- Job Title
- Vendor Resource Manager
- Property Management
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our current and future residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
The Vendor Resource Manager (VRM) is a member of the Renovations, Turns and Service (RTS) team and is responsible for directing Vendor Resource Specialist staff in providing a diverse vendor base to Progress Residential RTS department. The VRM and VRS staff are accountable for responding to the needs of the RTS markets by sourcing, negotiating pricing, on-boarding and updating systems for third-party vendors needed to perform various types of repairs, improvements and maintenance.
- Meets and collaborates with the Executive EVP RTS on a regular basis to discuss department activity and needs as well as budget management.
- Oversees all aspects of the Vendor Compliance/Sourcing Department
- Interacts with business partners on compliance and sourcing needs.
- Interacts with IT Department on Yardi Vendor Café issues and RMIS Issues
- Oversees the vendor compliance with RMIS.
- Ensures that VRS staff utilizes various sources and systems to identify potential new vendors.
- Monitors and manages response times, resident satisfaction and the overall productivity and efficiency of vendors.
- Collaborates with VRS staff in evaluating processes and procedures for areas of improvement
- Works with Director of Maintenance and Service Operations to ensure all vendor related escalated issues are researched and resolved in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with VRS staff to identify root causes of problem areas and makes recommendations to the EVP RTS for process improvements.
- Insures that VRS’s establish professional relationships with various vendor-related companies, consultants and vendor management-credentialing companies.
- Conducts research to identify options to optimize decision-making.
- Manages and monitors VRS team member productivity.
- Insures each VRS follows company policies and procedures.
- Responds to customer or vendor complaints.
- Meets regularly with the market Service Manager, Service Director and Regional Service Directors to gain insight to market needs.
- Provides feedback and coaching on a regular basis to VRS staff members.
- Assists in special projects or assignments as needed.
Leadership and Team Management
- The VSM creates and maintains a high-quality work environment so VSS are motivated to perform at their highest level.
- Performs ongoing training of VSS team on newly developed processes and procedures.
- Educates and promotes property repair best practices with the VSS staff.
- Provides feedback and coaching on a regular basis to VRS staff.
- Holds weekly meetings with VRS staff to discuss company and team topics.
- Supervises staff, sets goals and holds people accountable for results.
- Coordinates activities to maximize the efficiency of all processes.
- Develops team and is focused on succession plan within group.
- Ensures that employees all have goals and receive regular feedback on their performance.
- Ensures that all required training is completed in a timely manner.
- Ensures that workplace safety standards and practices are upheld at all times.
- Performance management of personnel including, reviews, corrective action, mentoring, development plans and performance improvement plans.
Controls and Reporting
- Responsible for cost database for vendors in each market.
- Insures that VRS staff create and maintain daily, weekly and monthly metrics for the market vendors.
- Analyzes key metrics, daily and weekly reports, and performance indicators to identify areas of focus and necessary improvements.
- A minimum of a 2-year college degree or equivalent vendor sourcing experience.
- 3-5 years of vendor sourcing and management related experience.
- Experience with property management, property maintenance, construction and customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Superb accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work a flexible shift and hours including weekends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, genuinely friendly and approachable.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience managing a budget and resources.
- Able to coach and mentor VRS staff
- Computer literacy and experience using Microsoft Office products.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.