Vice President - Maintenance and Repair Service
Vice President - Maintenance and Repair Service
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Field Operations
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
The Vice President of Service will manage, coordinate, operate and facilitate service/maintenance operations in all market portfolios. The VP of Service is responsible for delivering outstanding customer service to our residents across all markets. The VP of Service is also responsible for measuring performance of Service Directors, Service Managers, Technicians and Vendors providing maintenance service to our existing residents.
The VP of Service is responsible for all aspects of service/maintenance operations to include: Preventative Maintenance Programs, Central Service Coordination Department, Vendor Management Department, Fleet Management Department and the RTS Service Delivery/Training (in conjunction with the Training Department). The VP of Service provides support to all markets in achieving and exceeding their Service goals.
- Support and guide the Regional Service Directors and Services Director(s) and provide organizational tools necessary to ensure the efficient, timely, and quality-driven delivery of maintenance services throughout the portfolio.
- Provide valuable analysis and feedback to the Regional Service Directors, Regional Directors, Portfolio Operations Directors, and Service Directors on performance and observations of Service Managers and Service Directors.
- Develop and manage maintenance training programs (internal and external) in coordination with the training department and the National Director Service Delivery and Training
- Ensure that the customer experience expectations are met in all aspects of the RTS Service performance.
- Oversee preventative maintenance programs on occupied homes.
- Analyze service/maintenance processes, make recommendations for action needed and implement new procedures to ensure performance of the service/maintenance department is efficient and within budget.
- Work with IT to implement new software solutions/technology to streamline practices and improve efficiency.
- Participate with Regional Services Director(s) to conduct on-site inspections and reviews to ascertain the effectiveness of overall maintenance service delivery.
- Work with local jurisdictions and inspectors to ensure compliance with permits, local building codes and all local/state/federal regulations.
- Assist with definition of work scopes, soliciting and analyzing qualified bidders and bids, and negotiation of terms and performance standards for service/maintenance related contracts.
- Maintains communications (all forms including written reports) with leadership teams, investors and outside clients to convey information and gain feedback to maintain compliance and adherence to established internal controls.
- Ensure that portfolio management maintains an elevated level of emergency preparedness at all times, and serve as a key player in all portfolio-related emergency response situations.
- Provide individual guidance and motivation to staff to enable performance of his fullest potential.
- Conduct service review meetings with employees and vendors concerning performance and process improvements.
- Physically inspect properties on a semi-monthly basis documenting employee performance, physical condition, and monitoring quality control of vendor's jobs.
- Coordinate with regional service directors and service directors to ensure service work is being performed cost effectively, on time and within budget parameters.
- Manage and bid the procurement of third-party consultants, contractors and vendors.
- Assist in due diligence of new property acquisitions.
- Approve purchase orders and keep the properties on budget.
- Implement Safety Program training, skills courses, and other on-going education.
- Scope, bid and manage annual capital expenditures projects and large scale renovation projects.
- Maintain courteous communication with residents, applicants, employees and vendors.
- Assist in preparation of annual operating budgets.
- Must have at least 10 years of experience working in Single or Multi-Family Property Maintenance Supervision with knowledge of standard industry practices in property management
- Highly skilled in the building trades with emphasis on mechanical systems repair, service, and installation (HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical)
- Experience in large scale renovation projects – both interior and exterior
- Knowledge of laws and standards that apply to property management, such as Fair Housing Laws, Landlord-Tenant Law, OSHA Standards, local and state building codes
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and Yardi Voyager
- Excellent personal leadership skills and proven ability to build, develop, and motivate teams
- Proactive, well-organized and results-oriented with the ability to lead and participate in multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Availability to work flexible hours as required and to be on-call in response to emergency situations
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our current and future residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 1 “you earned it” day.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.