Director of Procurement and Service Operations
- Job Title
- Director of Procurement and Service Operations
- Job Location
- Posted Date
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With over 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our current and future residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
The Director of Procurement and Service Operations is responsible for developing and implementing procurement and supply chain strategies; determining and establishing the best known standards for field operations policies and procedures and implementing the administration and training of the same. This position ensures that Progress residential business requirements are established and met within Progress Residential’s property management operations. This position reports to Vice President of Renovations, Turns and Service.
- Establish and continually review policies and workflows to implement the best known standards or practices for Renovation, Turn and Service activities.
- Define, develop and monitor performance metrics and key performance indicators for functions within the Renovation, Turns and Service Department.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies and programs for all renovation and maintenance vendors and supplies.
- Establish the requirements and RFP process for national and regional vendors and suppliers.
- Negotiate and manage key vendor and supplier relationships and contracts
- Maintain regular contact with current suppliers and resolve ongoing issues as needed.
- Work with intercompany teams such as accounting and information technology to establish standard process for establishing bids on projects, tracking costs and vendor performance against those bids.
- Create and maintain national and regional product specifications for turns and service operations
- Establish and maintain estimated useful life criteria as well as repair and replace guidelines for systems and components
- Create and maintain centralized construction and maintenance scopes of work.
- Work closely with Senior Leadership and Field Operations to centralize all applicable administrative tasks
- Manage the Quality Control and Training teams to ensure safety manuals, measurements and tracking are in place.
- Work with team to document and create training modules to foster a continuous improvement culture.
Human Resource Management
- Supervision of staff, ensuring they have defined goals and are held accountable for results
- Work with HR to ensure standardized job descriptions are in place.
- Develop onboarding and training for each position in the department.
- Ensures that the group provides outstanding customer service and is responsive to requests.
- Coordinates activities to maximize the efficiency of all processes.
- Develops team and is focused on succession plan within marketing group.
- Ensures that employees receive regular feedback on their performance.
- Performance management of personnel including, reviews, corrective action, mentoring, development plans and performance improvement plans.
- B.A. degree required in construction management, civil engineering or a related degree desired.
- 5 or more years of previous procurement, supply chain, process engineering in construction or real estate environment.
- 3 or more years’ experience in residential construction.
- Experience with multi-location field teams.
- Strong negotiation and vendor management skills.
- Strong skills with MS Office products including Excel.
- Ability to use project management software and technology to ensure process compliance and tracking.
- Travel to markets as needed.
- Excellent oral and written and presentation skills.
- Previous use of Salesforce and Yardi a plus.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.