Make Ready Painter
- Job Title
- Make Ready Painter
- Job Location
- Posted Date
- Property Operations - Non Management - Service/Maintenance
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With over 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our current and future residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
What you bring to the table:
We are seeking a highly motivated Make Ready Painter to ensure that all vacated homes are thoroughly restored to "rent ready" status in a timely manner. The right candidate is an effective team player with the ability to multi-task, communicate clearly and perform at the highest standard.
You will work as part of the Property Management team to paint, touch up and resurface walls, trim, ceilings and exterior coatings. You can perform interior and exterior residential paint projects safely and skillfully. This includes all aspects of preparation including drywall and texture repair, sanding, cleaning and smoothing surface areas. You’re also comfortable performing elevated paint jobs on ladders and scaffolding.
Perhaps most importantly, you exhibit a strong commitment to customer service and Progress Residential® in a professional and courteous manner.
Of course, you also have the essentials:
- High School diploma
- Valid Driver’s License and verifiable vehicle insurance
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience performing paint projects in a residential environment (single-family or multi-family rental industry preferred)
- Must have your own tools required to perform ongoing service in residential environment
- Maintain reliable transportation daily that can professionally and safely transport required materials necessary to perform job functions, i.e. ladders, brushes, paint, etc.
- Must possess ability to work and cope well under pressure, meet multiple and sometimes competing and tight deadlines
- Ability to interact with residents, and vendors/contractors tactfully and professionally
- Strong organizational skills, communication and “people skills'
- Must be knowledgeable of all pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Honest, ethical and handles things in confidential manner
- Must be comfortable scheduling work directly with residents and vendors
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative company:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- We also offer a monthly phone stipend and mileage reimbursement, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid time off, income replacement for maternity/paternity leave, 9 paid holidays and 2 “you earned it” days.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: 2010