Resident Services Trade Specialist -SME
- Job Title
- Resident Services Trade Specialist -SME
- Job Location
- Posted Date
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With over 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our future and current residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
What you bring to the table:
We are seeking a Resident Services Trade Specialist to serve as our in-house subject matter expert. When internal service technicians and external vendors have technical issues, you’ll diagnose problems and provide them with sound guidance. You proactively troubleshoot issues, carefully review estimates and accurately write reference guides. We’ll count on you to ensure residents are highly satisfied and costs stay within stated targets.
Your hands-on field experience will allow you to determine the most cost effective and lasting methods of repair. You are just as comfortable repairing a HVAC system as you are processing work orders and creating regular reports. Of course, you run a tight ship and ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations. If this sounds like the ideal role for you, let us know!
Of course, you also have the essentials:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Skilled Trade school degree preferred.
- Certifications in specific trades (HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, and/or Home Appliance) required
- 7 or more years of experience with operations and maintenance in large multi-family, commercial or military housing; or experience with construction management, construction and repair; or equivalent work experience as a residential construction superintendent for either production or large scale custom home building operation
- Ability to review and understand cost estimates and scopes of work and in tune with current labor rates in given MSA
- Effective communication skills, ability to work with General and Sub-Contractors on scope, price and schedule
- Extensive knowledge of residential repairs and troubleshooting including Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC, Flooring, Appliances, Landscaping and Irrigation Systems as they relate to single family residential homes
- Knowledge of general building codes and rental property health and safety regulations
- Experience working with Salesforce and Customer Relationship Management Systems (CRM) a plus
- Proficient with MS Office, Outlook and Internet applications
- Bi-lingual Spanish a plus
- Superb accuracy and attention to detail
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 2 “you earned it” days.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.