Service Technician III - HVAC
- Job Title
- Service Technician III - HVAC
- Job Location
- Posted Date
- Customer Service/Support
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our future and current residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
What you bring to the table:
We are seeking a Service Technician III - HVAC who will be responsible for maintaining and repairing HVAC systems in customers’ homes. You will work independently and directly with residents to ensure our single-family homes are safe and efficient with properly functioning equipment.
You bring a strong mechanical aptitude and experience with electrical systems, particularly with control panel wiring and sensors. We’ll count on you to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair defective equipment, including, but not limited to HVAC systems. With your experience and willingness to help, you will also address service issues related to plumbing, appliances, irrigation systems, drywall, roofing and more.
You understand that we are in the business of providing our customers peace of mind and you do whatever it takes to uphold that commitment. You will be available on-call, serving at the front line of our maintenance and service efforts.
Of course, you also have the essentials:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Technical College or Trade Program with HVAC Certification is required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in general service and maintenance experience (painting, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, drywall repair, etc.)
- EPA certified with knowledge of all pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations
- Minimum 5 years’ experience providing routine maintenance, cleaning, inspection and repair of warm air furnaces, air conditioners, duct distribution systems, water heaters, and related piping and electrical.
- Experience repairing all makes & models of residential appliances in customers’ homes preferred
- Ability to maintain, inspect, diagnose and troubleshoot typical issues and then repair or replace defective equipment or components
- Must have your own tools to perform ongoing service in residential environment
- Maintain reliable transportation daily that can professionally and safely transport required materials necessary to perform job functions (i.e. ladders, hot water heaters, appliances, etc.)
- Must possess valid driver’s license and valid vehicle insurance at all times with no major traffic violations, suspensions, or DUIs in previous 5 years
- Available for on-call service, weekends and evenings as needed
- Previous experience in either the single-family or multi-family rental industry required
- Must possess ability to work and cope well under pressure, meet multiple and sometimes competing and tight deadlines
- Ability to interact with residents, and vendors/contractors tactfully and professionally
- Ability to climb up and down stairs several times each day, and lift 50 pounds with ease
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad)
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 2 “you earned it” days.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: 1556